!!YOU'RE GOING To LIKE ME NOW!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This my friends is a Wonderfull example of how an acro can blossom after a couple years in captivity.

Now I have always loved this thing but you guys have been pretty slow on the draw to her. Been on the site a long time now and is maybe one of the silliest named acros I have. Making even less sense today but I will consider it a badge of honor now that i have seen what this one is capable of.

Thats right...its the old Fire Polyp Fire Table Fire, and she was in desperate need of a reshoot. A quick scroll through my forum and you'll find this same colony about a half a year ago as I was showcasing it then.

Pretty but not nearly as desirable as she is today... I even go on about how average it is in the thread. Ha!

This has since blossomed into one of the coolest tables I have ever seen. Almost no contest really. Pretty and unique. Two things I love in my sps. She's turned a sweet shade of pink with polyps to match and almost looks like an echinatta in structure with those elongated coralites. Now anyone that knows me well is plenty aware at how terrible I am at positively identifying acros so if any smarties want to take a crack at this one I'd love to hear what you got.

No camera tricks here or anything like that either. You can see what she looks like then, and this is what she looks like now. Just a really cool looking acro all around and my guts telling me that you guys should have snatched this one up when you had the chance!:Cry: Funny thing is I hadn't been paying much attention to it myself but a customer wanted a little grab bag so I clipped him one yesterday. Once I really took a look at it a reshoot was inevitable.

So let that be lesson to you on keeping sps longterm and a testament to letting them really get comfortable in your system before writing them off or fragging them up. You never know what kind of potential is hidden deep in that so so looking stick. This thing was pretty cool before but now its just breathtaking. Both color and structure just blows me away. Just needed a little time to flourish, like all sps really;).

It's the spectacular revisitation of the Fire Polyp Fire Table Fire. Another Battlecorals beauty

IMG_1650_zps440f7435.jpg

IMG_1648_zps210368f7.jpg

IMG_1637_zps2de8a6e1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LOL, very fitting name ;)

Yeah when the thing was more red orange it made sense. But I agree. This one could use a new name. What do you guys think. Should we turn this into one of those " name me" and win threads? Or re-name me that is....

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yes Adam, new name and new price, we need a new rant for 2015, lol!
No kidding, is there a coral that isn't interesting on your site?
Just keep it as is but label it as "Adams Special"

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always been a fan of tables, red planet, effo's ect.. that has very nice colors!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
2 votes, looks like I won Adam ;)

LMBO!

Well i like it but I try to stay away from blatant commercial references when i can so if any of you can cleverly imply something to that nature with out just saying it outright. that would be way more my style. ;)

lets do it. seems like i have been getting a bit circus like lately anyway. Winner gets a frag shipped free.:yo:

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back