Yuma care

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the life of me cant keep Yumas alive but Floridas grow and split for me no problem? What's the issue here. Light, flow, both??? I keep all my rics in lower light prob 100 par with moderate to low flow

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your parameters? Light and flow does help but knowing your other parameters can help us help you. Have you tried feeding your yumas?

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your parameters? Light and flow does help but knowing your other parameters can help us help you. Have you tried feeding your yumas?
AI prime set up to match the output of a radion. Nitrates .25 phosphate undetectable. Flow is high in top of tank low moderate to low where rics would be.
Alk 8.5 calcium 440 mag 1300. All the time no flux. And I have tried feeding they wont accept it takes any Yuma in my tank about a month to go from looking great to loss of color then another 2-4 weeks to melt. Floridas do amazing tho.

Eastlake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your source for the yumas? Are they all wild collected or are they aquacultured? It's not uncommon for the wild ones to melt in captivity as it seems that the ones that don't make it end up succumbing to some manner of bacterial infection, and there's an old wives tale out there that the Florida ricordea emit something that kills the yumas but I've seen both existing next to each other in the same tank many times before. If you're able to source some healthy mushrooms then you should have success as they have the same care requirements as the Florida variety.

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many yumas have you tried? I know thatsbnot the greatest of questions but if its only one or two maybe them yumas never came out of being streesed. My green yumas have been through a lot when i had very hihh alk i had a few losses. I have kept my yumas in low flow low light to high flow high light. How is your temp?

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe dip in some iodine before adding to the tank. I was on the same thought of maybe a bacterial infection as well.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back