Yuma Mushroom, Placement and Help

Eyezik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I bought a Viperspectra light for my 20g long and after about a week of having the light in place, I bought a little Yuma Mushroom from my local fish store. I haven't had anything like this before and it is not attached to anything. It is so small that most of the time my PH blows it around if I set it someplace. Last night I tried to get it to hook to rock with the PH off but it did not. Right now I have him in the tank with the PH ON and he is setting right here where the current pushed him.

1618684076935.png

Should I just let it be and let it find a place on its own or should I like to take it out with a rock and try to give it some time to hook? Please let me know. I am a newb so I am very uneducated with coral and nems.

FULL TANK

1618684176670.png

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :)
This appears to be a ricordea Florida mushroom.
As far as placement goes, you can get a water bottle, cut the bottom off about 3" above the botton. fill it with some small pieces of rubble rock and put the mushroom underneath in between the rocks, dont crush it just make sure its covered. It wont blow around in current and will eventually foot up on the rocks and work its way towards the light.

OP
OP
Eyezik

Eyezik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :)
This appears to be a ricordea Florida mushroom.
As far as placement goes, you can get a water bottle, cut the bottom off about 3" above the botton. fill it with some small pieces of rubble rock and put the mushroom underneath in between the rocks, dont crush it just make sure its covered. It wont blow around in current and will eventually foot up on the rocks and work its way towards the light.
Sounds good, right now I have him in a Tupper ware on top of my filter on a piece of dead coral rock. I will go into my fish store tomorrow to get some rubble rock and try this technique.

should I have it outside the tank or within the tank inside the bottom half of the water bottle?

Also thanks for identifying it, at my fish store they just had it floating in a container with a little flag that said 'Yuma Mushroom'.

Back