Zebra Barred Dartfish....anyone kept these?

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyhog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2014
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
15,938
Location
Conway, Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been contemplating adding a group of these guys for a while but was afraid they wouldn't be able to compete for food with all of my wrasses. After watching a small group in the DT at our LFS (which has a number of wrasses/aggressive feeders) I was convinced they will. Interesting and attractive additions.

 
I keep them. I have tried groups of 3 on 2 separate occasions. I always end up with 1 they say they are social and they generally are. Not sure why I haven't had good luck with them. I currently have one that is 3 years old. The lone survivor
 
Those are jumpers! beware-


Got that "covered". :D

Octolids.jpg
 
I've not kept them in my home tank but had a group of 5 in a shop display once. The tank was really setup to show people alternatives to the more commonly kept species, so instead of a normal or purple filefish I had these. I must say they were really good after they had spent a couple of weeks hiding. They are one of those fish that are beautiful when you study them but from a distance make brighter fish really stand out if you get what I mean.
 
They are jumpers. Had 2 get through my 1/4” netting as well.
 
Is that ALL dartfish?!
Must make a stunning display.
There's 1 midas blenny. And if you look close in the top left, there's a marine betta.

Other than that, yes. A ton of zebra dartfish and a couple firefish dartfish. A sun coral and tube anemone + a million dartfish + plus a marine betta is a really unique display.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new