Zebra moray compatibility with gymnothorax dovii (fangtooth)

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the eel i currently have, which is a gymnothorax dovii, is a rare species and not many have had it, so, I would like to know in the basis of how a pebble tooth would usually be together with fangtooth, i don't have any concerns with food since i literally have pounds of food in my freezer Lol, my fangtooth is about 2 feet and my zebra 1 and a half, they will go together in my 150g at the same time, my 150 gallon has not been set yet and has been waiting for decor, so any advice/opinions would be lovely

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the eel i currently have, which is a gymnothorax dovii, is a rare species and not many have had it, so, I would like to know in the basis of how a pebble tooth would usually be together with fangtooth, i don't have any concerns with food since i literally have pounds of food in my freezer Lol, my fangtooth is about 2 feet and my zebra 1 and a half, they will go together in my 150g at the same time, my 150 gallon has not been set yet and has been waiting for decor, so any advice/opinions would be lovely
You want this eel in with the other that fot bit by the tessa right and not with the tessa itself? If so I have a fang tooth and added a pebble tooth a month later and they are always found together. Biggest difference I notice between my two is Ghost (my pebble tooth) loves shrimp where as Ivar (my fang tooth) likes silversides. They both eat the other food but prefer shrimp or silversides respectively. They both love squid and other meaty foods in various predator flats I get for them. Especially salmon, they love that too! I say when you introduce the zebra to your fine spotted to watch close and be ready to intervene if it goes south. Both my eels were roughly 11-12 ish inches when added so younger and smaller than yours!

Attachments

• IMG_4790.jpeg
    IMG_4790.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want this eel in with the other that fot bit by the tessa right and not with the tessa itself? If so I have a fang tooth and added a pebble tooth a month later and they are always found together. Biggest difference I notice between my two is Ghost (my pebble tooth) loves shrimp where as Ivar (my fang tooth) likes silversides. They both eat the other food but prefer shrimp or silversides respectively. They both love squid and other meaty foods in various predator flats I get for them. Especially salmon, they love that too! I say when you introduce the zebra to your fine spotted to watch close and be ready to intervene if it goes south. Both my eels were roughly 11-12 ish inches when added so younger and smaller than yours!
Beautiful, thanks for the info, and yes, definitely not going in with my Tess, i am leaving my tesses tank for himself, I also have some live crabs and alot of shrimp with shell and head on for my zebra, caught some smaller purse crabs from the beach, zebra eels here are really rare and getting to see them in a lfs here is like once in a year, so the instant when I heard there was a new stock i was lucky enough to find him

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be okay, just depends on how aggressive your other eel is. Mine are an anomaly with how close they are but just watch them and be ready to intervene if they start fighting

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back