ZEO-FIT system.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of the SPS farmers using this ZEO-fit system on their tanks.
If so what do you think so far?
I'm thinking about it but here in Houston it's not so known yet.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post!

Last edited:

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of the SPS farmers using this ZEO-fit system on their tanks.
If so what do you think so far?
I'm thinking about it but here in Houston it's not so known yet.

I've been using it for almost a year. I like it, but it is not a recipe for success and has the ability to wipe out your tank if not used correctly. I do not recommend this approach for the SPS novice. Before using ZEO, you want to ensure to read the entire ZEO Guide. Do you have any questions about the ZEOVit approach that I can answer for you.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it for almost a year. I like it, but it is not a recipe for success and has the ability to wipe out your tank if not used correctly. I do not recommend this approach for the SPS novice. Before using ZEO, you want to ensure to read the entire ZEO Guide. Do you have any questions about the ZEOVit approach that I can answer for you.

You said it can wipe out your tank!!
Just wondering how? By not following the dosing instuctions?
Thanks.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said it can wipe out your tank!!
Just wondering how? By not following the dosing instuctions?
Thanks.

It did almost wipe out my tank when I first started. I made the mistake of dosing everything for the day at once because I was in a hurry....big mistake. Each item has to be added separately and at different intervals throughout the day. It is VERY concentrated and must be measured exactly. You cannot use the zeovit system and phosphate remover together. You will get STN. I use the Coral snow, Zeofood7, Coral Vitilizer, Sponge Power, Pol's Extra and LPS. I have the Zeobak and ZeoStart, but these are the two that caused the tank crash. I will use the Zeobak with the Coral Snow when I have Cyano only. Since starting this I have had tremendous growth from everying in the tank. I was using Phosban to start with, but I started getting STN and had to remove it. I also use KZ carbon. A little goes a long way. If you do start it...start it slow. I am having great success, and it ends up costing less because it only takes a few drops per usage. I still only use half of what it recommends. You will notice a lot of growth if you use it, just use it with the utmost caution. Hope this helps you. These are products that you have to read the guide to understand the process and what to use and when. Good Luck and let us know what you decide.

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every tank is different and will react differently to the zeo method. The heart of the ZEO method is the ZEO filtration media. The media is placed in a special reactor which allows you to raise and lower the media in a fluidized chamber. The chamber allows bacteria to colonize the media. The media itself absorbs ammonium which prevents the nitrate cycle from beginning (Ammonium --> Nitrite --> Nitrate). The zeobac is the bacterial additive. Zeostart 3 is the carbon source. I no longer use the zeofood since it causes issues with algae when combined with AAHC. I use Extra, Zeozyme, Biomate, Coral Vitalizer, ZeoSpur, AAHC, and Coral Snow. Each product has a different purpose and can be explained further in the zeo guide.

So how can ZEO wipe out your tank? First let me explain in general terms what ZEO does. The FULL ZEOVit system brings your tank to an ULNS state and will keep it there. You can wipe out your tank by stripping the tank of nutrients too quickly. You will see rtn beginning at the base. This is easily achieved when too much media is used or the flow through your reactor is too fast. You can also cause your corals to become unhealthy. This causes them to become susceptable to issues that a healthy coral could withstand. A great example of this is when my corals began to shed flesh after being removed from the tank for maintenance. After I placed them back in the tank the flesh just floated away. Certain products like ZEOSpur can cause the flesh to become thinner and thinner over time. Eventually the coral will starve/bleach due to the lack of zooxanthallae or coral tissue.

Please know that you can use some of the zeo products without using the full zeo system. See Connie's post above.

Warmest Regards,
James

jasonrodreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed its not for just anyone. But like everything read and study the product well you should be ok. Best thing is to study up yourself no room for mistakes or bad advise from others. I use it i like it, it works. Yes it can total a tank but if used properly the tank gives clear signs that dosing is wrong.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woow, this thread is still alive? Good info, as usual. With the full ZEO my tank is doing great but I'm there everyday to check on it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back