Zeospur2 as a Dip?

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use this as a dip. I have done a lot of research and obviously this product should come with a huge warning label. That being said, I have read about some folks using this as a dip as opposed to dosing the entire tank, and I like that idea a lot.

Any tried as dip? what is the dosage? I want to fill a container with about a gallon or two of tank water and dip a few pieces that I think may benefit. How long do you leave them in the dip before returning to tank? Most of the my pieces are responding well to what I am doing, but I have few tough ones if you know what I mean.....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never tried it but here is a bump!

maharsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutley would not use it as a dip. If you only want to lighten individual corals, blast it around the coral, diluted solution in a syringe. Or ask the people at the zeovit boards.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my previous Zeo thread someone had mentioned that they knew someone who used this as a dip. It's a very potent chemical, so I could see the benefits of dipping newly acquired browned-out coral in it, with extreme caution, of course. It works extremely fast, I noticed a dramatic different overnight.

I wouldn't call it a good idea to dip corals in Zeospur2 but I wouldn't mind seeing the results of an experiment.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do some of the zeo products, and im afraid a zeospur2. I wouldnt dip with it and honestly i wouldnt even use it in general. From wat i read it just make the coral expel some of its zoos and to me that just doesnt seem healthy. If you want to get some nicer color try does pohl coral vitalizer. I started using it as my first zeo sup and with in a week i was getting color i never saw out of my sticks. Some that were pretty dark and colorless started popping out nice purples and blues.

OP
OP
arotbart

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip

I am going to try dipping as an experiment on a few of my smaller pieces....just need to figure out a dosing / dip time formula...Once I figure it out, I will post results and formula used.....

TD13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip

I am going to try dipping as an experiment on a few of my smaller pieces....just need to figure out a dosing / dip time formula...Once I figure it out, I will post results and formula used.....
Any results?

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a really old thread but it could be used as a dip for a stubborn brown coral. Otherwise the best use of this product is to dump it down the drain.

TD13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a really old thread but it could be used as a dip for a stubborn brown coral. Otherwise the best use of this product is to dump it down the drain.
Yikes, why do you feel that way? I'm fairly new to SPS and have some that could really use a boost in color...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back