zeovit and how I dose it

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice writeup.

I'm rebooting my tank, it's coming back Zeovit. Really looking forward to it.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are threads on zeovit for the dilution amounts so you can use dosing pumps instead of being so involved nowadays. I believe the most used is like 19:1. There might only be 1 they do not recommend diluting and that could be the bacteria (I don't recall) either for bacteria reasons or because it needs to be chilled. I think some have even found a way around the chilled thing by using DC voltage can coolers or something.
Anyway it's progressed some. FYI Dilution must be with distilled water not RO/DI.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks so much for your great review. I've just recently got my tank started and decided to start the zeovit system after battling diatoms and cyano. Hopefully I can get my sps to look as nice as yours.
Go slow dose 50% to start and increase 5 to 10% every month until your nutrients level are stable and at your desire level. If Yu believe in the system it will reward you at the end but of course there will be road bump along the way.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are threads on zeovit for the dilution amounts so you can use dosing pumps instead of being so involved nowadays. I believe the most used is like 19:1. There might only be 1 they do not recommend diluting and that could be the bacteria (I don't recall) either for bacteria reasons or because it needs to be chilled. I think some have even found a way around the chilled thing by using DC voltage can coolers or something.
Anyway it's progressed some. FYI Dilution must be with distilled water not RO/DI.
Yes zeostart3 can dilute with rodi for easy dosage however with the new advance doser now a days u can dose 2ml easy.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run a zeovit hybrid which I design for my own tank. I don't use the zeolite rock as much because I don't see it add anymore advantage to my system. Zeo recommend no UV but I have UV in my system to help clear the water and prevent a little fish parasite. So at the end of the day I don't follow 100% how the zeovit guide tell u what to do but that's a beauty of this system.
6DCFB286-D42F-422B-8617-58C36885E8F3.jpeg

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to switch my tank over to the zeovit system next weekend. I’ve got what I need to get started ordered already. Tanks like yours are what inspires reefers to go zeovit. I think I will actually enjoy the even more hands on approach with this system.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Getting ready to switch my tank over to the zeovit system next weekend. I’ve got what I need to get started ordered already. Tanks like yours are what inspires reefers to go zeovit. I think I will actually enjoy the even more hands on approach with this system.
Good luck what's work for me is start 50% and increase every month 10% until u find the right dosage for your tank. Every tank react differently so just observation of your tank and goes from there. Zeovit do have a basic guide regarding overdose sign so just read it and double check your tank for over dosing.

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I post this 2 weeks ago and only 1 is reading it I guess zeovit is not popular anymore in the US.
I started running Zeovit on my tank 7 weeks ago now. When I told my LFS about it, they had NO idea what it even was. I was shocked!

Anyways, how long did it take you for you to start seeing the benefits of Zeovit? LIke I said, I'm into week 7 and so far my PO4 has actually gone up from .01 to .19. I think this is mainly b/c I took my algae and uv sterilizer offline since they don't recommend running these with Zeovit.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started running Zeovit on my tank 7 weeks ago now. When I told my LFS about it, they had NO idea what it even was. I was shocked!

Anyways, how long did it take you for you to start seeing the benefits of Zeovit? LIke I said, I'm into week 7 and so far my PO4 has actually gone up from .01 to .19. I think this is mainly b/c I took my algae and uv sterilizer offline since they don't recommend running these with Zeovit.
If you started from beginning you won't see your no3 n po4 decrease by 6 months. Each tank can be vary. I still keep UV in my system because I don't think it deter or hurt the bacteria. UV help to keep algae down and help water to stay clear. As far as your algae aka chaeto it doing the same jobs as the zeobak n zeostart3 doing which is reducing nitrates n phosphate. Your bacteria will multiply and they will further consuming more nitrate and phosphate. Keep testing and monitoring your po4 n no3 for couple more months if you are not at Max dose u can increase 10% each month and monitoring. Do u run zeolite rock? If u do check your flow to the zeovit guide

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people use UV with zeovit. @ycnibrc Proof is in your system that whatever you are doing is looking great. Cant wait to see the new tank come along.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very beautiful system, how often to you agitate your zeolite chamber?

I did Zeovit many years ago and I liked the results but I was basically a slave to my tank, granted this was 2008 or so and unless you went lab grade $$$$ you couldn't really get away from having to do manual dosing the precise amounts needed.
With Zeovit not only is it using bac for nutrient reduction, but also feeding the corals, I noticed everytime after agitating the zeolite chamber that everything would feed, some nights I stayed up super late to agitate in the middle of the night lol
as I couldn't afford the new fancy motorized "shakers" that were just hitting the market.

I loved the results, hated the daily attention it needed was also pretty pricey.

That being said, there are some mind blowing Zeo tanks out there.
I set up the Avast vibe zeo reactor to agitate 4 x per day

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up the Avast vibe zeo reactor to agitate 4 x per day

Back when I was running Zeovit, we didn't have the auto shakers yet. I poinied up for a used korallin zucht zeo reactor with the manual plunger agitator, granted this was around 2008/9. I dont think Avast was even around yet.

Zeus440

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you start zeovit on tank start up or Wait after cycle.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you start zeovit on tank start up or Wait after cycle.
From the start and zeovit is fast after 14 days u can start adding some fish because zeolite rock absorbing amonia so not too toxic for fish however to be safe wait 1 months n test for amonia and nitrite.

Nuuze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m coming back into the hobby from a 10 year break. I’ve decided to start my new tanks (20g & 140g) with Zeovit as well, starting with 14 day cycle then usual dosage using the Avast reactor on larger tank. Initial doses I have Zeobak, Zeostart & SpongePower. Will be adding Zeofood after 14 day. Your colors look great!

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m coming back into the hobby from a 10 year break. I’ve decided to start my new tanks (20g & 140g) with Zeovit as well, starting with 14 day cycle then usual dosage using the Avast reactor on larger tank. Initial doses I have Zeobak, Zeostart & SpongePower. Will be adding Zeofood after 14 day. Your colors look great!
I will skip zeofood and dose Coral vitalizer

Zeus440

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the start and zeovit is fast after 14 days u can start adding some fish because zeolite rock absorbing amonia so not too toxic for fish however to be safe wait 1 months n test for amonia and nitrite.
That’s good to know thanks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back