OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think @Silent was saying you should hashtag Rev and the mods (Which I have done above) in here to get there thoughts on starting up a forum directly not the makers of Zeovit :)
I though I include rev when I created the thread. I'm not familiar with tagging people lol

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a user experience perspective, having a dedicated subforum for Zeovit-related posts would be great. I don't use Zeovit. I have, however, ran a modified Zeovit system. Nevertheless, I am interested in reading about Zeovit products, even if I don't use them. Utilizing the search feature every time I want to read about a user's experience with a particular Zeovit product is less ideal. The fact that Zeovit is a brand/commercially driven is inconsequential from my vantage in light of @ycnibrc 's intended purpose (and the fact that he's not affiliated with the company). Users/members routinely tag and refer to other brands/companies in their posts. I don't think this should be treated differently. My two cents. Don't freak out.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No yet but they did feature the zeovit reef tank of the world so it was nice to have more view.
You’re basically famous now. The reason some people oppose your newfound fame and sub forum is because they’re afraid you’re going to use it as a platform for running for political office. The headline will read “Local OC Reefer and Zeovit Loyalist Wins Election Because of Subforum Initially Opposed by Some”

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You’re basically famous now. The reason some people oppose your newfound fame and sub forum is because they’re afraid you’re going to use it as a platform for running for political office. The headline will read “Local OC Reefer and Zeovit Loyalist Wins Election Because of Subforum Initially Opposed by Some”
Lol yeah I will be frag star millionaire and challenge Elon Musk who's get to Mars first

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ycnibrc ~ let’s call this your zeo thread. And I have a question. What exactly is Zeobak? Nitrifying? Some other bacteria? Any idea?

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ZEObak is a microorganism solution which contains several bacterial strains that form a bacterial chain capable of consuming nutrients.
That is as close as you will ever know to what is in it. Regurgited info from KZ.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing ever come from this thread? Has a mod got with you @ycnibrc ?

Rev asked me to post a new thread in the feedback forum about this and a couple other ideas but he never responded to it ;Bored ;Shifty

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive been following and quiet on this and am actually shocked at response.
I ran it for a time and think that if nothing else , it is great knowledge of how it works and for reference for those that want to consider it. It does not take a sponsor to share the concept of ULN and use of zeovit PROPERLY.
We have similar sub-categories on this forum and meets requirements for any forum.
I Vote Yes and ycnibrc has maintained a beautiful tank. Im sure many dream of such system in their homes.

Last edited:

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there
I'm thinking about asking the R2R management to create a separate forum for zeovit. Lately I have seen increasing amount of zeovit user and more questions have been ask and answer however most were through pm. Since my goal is to share my knowledge about zeovit and help out those who's interested in the method. If we can post everything and anything related to zeovit in a designated forum it will be much easier for everyone to access either to ask or answer questions. I have a few zeo experts from Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia and England who will help out. Please share your thoughts and hopefully the R2R management will granted the request
I have an Actual use question you can either answer here or PM me. I am having a huge problem with phosphates and had less than 0.03 before starting zeo. I use the full system large bioload. Tank is nearly two years old and been on Zeo for nearly 6 months. I can give you all the parameters once you answer and people quit debating the placement of this thread. I have been on their forum at korallen and it is so old and slow I never get my answers. Thanka

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Actual use question you can either answer here or PM me. I am having a huge problem with phosphates and had less than 0.03 before starting zeo. I use the full system large bioload. Tank is nearly two years old and been on Zeo for nearly 6 months. I can give you all the parameters once you answer and people quit debating the placement of this thread. I have been on their forum at korallen and it is so old and slow I never get my answers. Thanka
G.Alexander and even jacky is very good with getting back to people with questions over there. Surprised you are having a different experience.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like most of the things there are lopsided advice anyway. Would have been nice to have an open discussion here plus I have never had luck with forums set up for the specific company like Neptune or Korallen etc. that’s partly why I joined here to have a one stop shop from neutral parties. No worries I’ll figure it out. Either way it certainly isn’t a ULN system automatically. It’s a shame for all the money it costs I have been doing it exactly as prescribed but it appears they have so many different ways to do it from the bottle, the pdf, the site to the forum...lol

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you open that box, and create a forum for a company, and yes this is a method, but the company owns it's own forum specifically designed for their products. The biggest hurdle will be, how does R2R explain to a sponsor on this site, that they have a dedicated forum for a company not investing back into theirs? How do you explain this to the competing companies who do invest into R2R? Slippery slope, probably why this hasn't and won't happen. I am just stating the obvious. I use KZ products, and AF products.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel ULNS could easily be it's own forum or even a sticky into the aquarium nutrition forum without issue.
This is a site dedicated to helping reefers help each other. Ultra low nutrient system is a style of reef keeping and should not be disregarded just because only two companies market this style.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever do get this going, the first thing that needs to happen is the banning of terms like ULNS or low nutrient. Zeo tanks have more "nutrients" in them than nearly any other tank... they just don't allow them to accumulate. There is a huge difference here that if all reefers understood, then the hobby would be easier for all and advice on the board would be better.

Zeo can be hard because nobody runs it the same way, it seems. All tailor it a bit to their own needs and there is no universal way to apply. If one thing can be said about all Zeo users, it is that they all have an acute knowledge of their tanks and what their tanks need. I have often supposed that anybody with these skills can be super successful with any method that they choose and not just ZeoVit... that is is the dedication, patience and understanding that makes them successful.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever do get this going, the first thing that needs to happen is the banning of terms like ULNS or low nutrient. Zeo tanks have more "nutrients" in them than nearly any other tank... they just don't allow them to accumulate.
Not sure what you mean by this. If nutrients don't accumulate then why would they not be low nutrient?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back