Zeovit + Triton other method?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tongyin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I've been running my 80 gals acro tank on full Zeovit system for almost a year now, corals mostly have been doing great.

Recently, I had a small tank crash and lost my favorite Strawberry Shortcake colony...:( It was a slow and painful process, first started with bleaching then STN and finally all gone. Some of my other acro also shown signs of stress, but I could not figure out why. I did a 50% water change and things are now back on track or at least appear to be. I have always been keeping a close eye on my salinity, Ca, Alk and Mg, so I know they did not cause it. Well, I'm now convinced that it was some sort of trace element depletion.

Zeovit's way of supplementing trace elements is basically a blind shot, you add a certain amount of blue bottles and hope everything will be fine. That's really not the way I like it. So I'm considering switching from B-ionic 2 part dosing to the Triton Core7 "other method" to maintain my major and trace elements, but keep the Zeolite reactor and Zeostart dosing to get rid of the nitrate and phosphate.

Would really like to know how you guys feel about this. Also, has anyone been through the same transition? If so, I really need to know how things went for you.

And here is a photo of the beloved Strawberry Shortcake colony, RIP...

DSC04218.JPG

Last edited:

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESV B-Ionic has most of the "trace minerals" that the Triton supplements would have as well. Some of this is dependant on your salt mix, but you should be getting the same results from either. I think the better option is to have an ICP test (Triton or other) done to see if you have any serious depletion in measurable ions before making a drastic change.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back