OP
OP
N

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha honestly I don't know what I have. I bought a mystery pack and Im pretty sure I have king Midas and Gatorades and the other 2 frags im not sure. However my gatorades seem to be melting. They are not opening and seem to be shrinking. Not sure why as all others are doing well.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, now everyone is going to ask for your parameters. All I know is that assuming they are fine, you will probably be told to try lower light and look for pests. I have had them become unhappy from being dirty, so try blowing them off with a turkey baster. Also, I recently found a small aiptasia because it was hiding on the plug and slowly stinging them to death.

OP
OP
N

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, now everyone is going to ask for your parameters. All I know is that assuming they are fine, you will probably be told to try lower light and look for pests. I have had them become unhappy from being dirty, so try blowing them off with a turkey baster. Also, I recently found a small aiptasia because it was hiding on the plug and slowly stinging them to death.
Yea Params are fine as far as all cal mag. Nitrates are a touch high at 25 and phos sits around .08. I actually think it's due to lack of light. As I noticed I had a few polyps on each frag over an inch long. So I moved them closer to the light and will wait a week and see how things go. The reason I think it's lack of light is because I recently had to switch tanks do to a structural issue with the tank and went to a 40 breeder with a single xr15 so the edges of the tank are pretty dark and that's where I kept the zoas since I knew they liked low light. Apparently not that low though.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you are on the right track. I have about 20 zoa types and to keep them happy some had to be moved to higher light, some to lower light.

Back