OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be and will spread. Not as fast as aiptasia though.

If you can remove rock. Easy to kill them.

In bucket of old tank water, inject each one with a lemon juice and kalk mix. Right in the mouth with a needle.

Wait a few minutes, whoosh rock around in old tank water and then place rock back in tank.

If cannot remove rock, do the same, just a few of them every few hours.
Will this affect my dKH or ph if the rock is left in the tank? I’m already having problems with it so don’t want to cause more!

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be and will spread. Not as fast as aiptasia though.

If you can remove rock. Easy to kill them.

In bucket of old tank water, inject each one with a lemon juice and kalk mix. Right in the mouth with a needle.

Wait a few minutes, whoosh rock around in old tank water and then place rock back in tank.

If cannot remove rock, do the same, just a few of them every few hours.
I have one aiptasia (or what I believe is an aiptasia) on the rock as well

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this affect my dKH or ph if the rock is left in the tank? I’m already having problems with it so don’t want to cause more!
Very little bit, which is why I mentioned to do a few at a time. Lemon juice will cause a very small, and I mean small, localized ph swing. Very short, but only localized.

I did this for a friend with as 14 biocube and was able to do 4-5 every few hours with 0 issues or flux in params.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one aiptasia (or what I believe is an aiptasia) on the rock as well
Same treatment. Be sure to inject into middle of nem. The kalk and lemon juice mix will also destroy the spores aiptasia have.

For a 20 gallon, I would highly suggest doing outside of tank. Small enough to remove rocks easily.

It will not kill bacteria, and will only tick corals off most of the time.

Even a storage tub can be used.

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very little bit, which is why I mentioned to do a few at a time. Lemon juice will cause a very small, and I mean small, localized ph swing. Very short, but only localized.

I did this for a friend with as 14 biocube and was able to do 4-5 every few hours with 0 issues or flux in params.
Oh perfect thank you so much for your help!

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same treatment. Be sure to inject into middle of nem. The kalk and lemon juice mix will also destroy the spores aiptasia have.

For a 20 gallon, I would highly suggest doing outside of tank. Small enough to remove rocks easily.

It will not kill bacteria, and will only tick corals off most of the time.

Even a storage tub can be used.
Do I have to put the rock into a bucket of old water or can I do it dry then rinse with old water? I just did 75% water change total this week but didn’t keep the old water. If not, I can wait until my next water change

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I have to put the rock into a bucket of old water or can I do it dry then rinse with old water? I just did 75% water change total this week but didn’t keep the old water. If not, I can wait until my next water change
Out of water and rinse is fine also. 5 minutes out of water will not hurt a thing. If it did, all of my rocks and sps would be dead after I frag the colonies lol.

Just do a single rock at a time and be setup to do it before removing rock.

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of water and rinse is fine also. 5 minutes out of water will not hurt a thing. If it did, all of my rocks and sps would be dead after I frag the colonies lol.

Just do a single rock at a time and be setup to do it before removing rock.
Good point lol. Thanks for the advice! I have one more question. Would Red Sea Aiptasia-X work better? I read about it in an article about the nems just now, and I have to order the products from Amazon, so either one will take just as long to get here

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point lol. Thanks for the advice! I have one more question. Would Red Sea Aiptasia-X work better? I read about it in an article about the nems just now, and I have to order the products from Amazon, so either one will take just as long to get here
My experience is 50/50 with it. F-Aiptasia seems to be a better product, as it creates a crust over the nem.

For the diy recipe, you can get all but the needle at the grocery store.

Lemon juice concentrte
Pickling lime (kalk substitute)

Cost is about 5 bucks.

Syringe can be had at tractor supply for about 5 bucks.

Mix lemon juice and picking lime to just thin enough for it to be sucked up in syringe.

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majanos! Bummer :-/ makes sense how the one got on the hermit. Any fish or other corals in here? Honestly you may want to restart
Yeah it makes a lot more sense! I have a clown, goby, peppermint shrimp, and coral banded shrimp. Also, GSP, a rock anemone, and Florida Ricordea. I don’t plan on restarting unless I absolutely have to

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience is 50/50 with it. F-Aiptasia seems to be a better product, as it creates a crust over the nem.

For the diy recipe, you can get all but the needle at the grocery store.

Lemon juice concentrte
Pickling lime (kalk substitute)

Cost is about 5 bucks.

Syringe can be had at tractor supply for about 5 bucks.

Mix lemon juice and picking lime to just thin enough for it to be sucked up in syringe.

Do I just mix an even amount of both? I’m going to try this tonight

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're mixing toward a consistency. Start with the dry and slowly add and mix your lemon juice in until you can just suck it up in the syring.
Thanks lost. Much appreciated stepping in and helping out.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back