Zoa Pox

JacquesP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 x 6 ft frag tanks, with mainly Zoas. All doing fine. A couple of weeks ago I noticed my Sunny D frags were not happy, and over the last 3 weeks I have probably lost 35~40 plugs. All other Zoas look fine.
After much inquiry, the general consensus is Zoa Pox, but no answers on why it would affect specifically the Sunny D frags.
It was recommended I use Furan 2, which by luck I was able to get a box from a friend.
I am planning to remove them from the frag tank and dip them, but would like to ask advise on dosage and durantion.

Thanks
Jac

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 x 6 ft frag tanks, with mainly Zoas. All doing fine. A couple of weeks ago I noticed my Sunny D frags were not happy, and over the last 3 weeks I have probably lost 35~40 plugs. All other Zoas look fine.
After much inquiry, the general consensus is Zoa Pox, but no answers on why it would affect specifically the Sunny D frags.
It was recommended I use Furan 2, which by luck I was able to get a box from a friend.
I am planning to remove them from the frag tank and dip them, but would like to ask advise on dosage and durantion.

Thanks
Jac
I would love to help you! Can you take some photos of the affected zoas please? Do the frags close up before dying or do they just seem to disappear? Because only your Sunny Ds are dying, my first thought was nudis because they tend to stick to only one zoa at a time and only branch out when the food source is completely used up. I’d do a H2O2 dip on a frag just to see if any nudis or spiders fall off :)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks
Jac
Welcome

Glad you joined. Sad for your losses. I defer to others for dosage and duration

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back