Zoanthid Bubble

Devan Patel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2022
Messages
367
Reaction score
119
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my zoanthid very frequently I’ve had these bubble things appearing on my zoanthids. I’m taking them out and popped them and put the Zoas back in the tank. All they do is pop up and I’m not entirely sure what all of this is. I also cannot get my zoanthids to grow anywhere on my rocks. I’ve had them for a very long time and I just cannot get them to grow. They open up and look fine but just won’t grow. Can someone please help me and if you could also look at the other thread I have on my acount about the worms that would be great. Thank you!

65066F88-BE5A-4FA2-BFD0-DFF098D32665.jpeg
 
That is bubble algae. Popping them will release spores into the water to grow more.
 
Manual removal outside of the tank helps, along with nutrient management to prevent it from spreading. There are algaecides on the market if you want to go that route, but I wouldnt recommend it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new