Zoanthids from Corals Anonymous

KPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Friday I received my very first shipment of corals from Corals Anonymous. Super excited! Got an Aussie Multi-Color Branching Hammer and some polyps of Blues Clues Zoas. Dipped them, acclimated them, and put them in. The hammers are doing great. But the Zoas…they opened all the way up within an hour of going in and they were…basically all white. One looks kind of blueish but a very muted brownish blue. CA said to give em a day or so to fully open. It’s now been 36 hours and still SUPER white. Thoughts? They close up at night and open in the morning so they aren’t dead or anything. I dunno what’s happening with these. Possible they’re mislabeled?

A9C0FE91-58FA-47C6-B1B4-FA464A900DCE.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Friday I received my very first shipment of corals from Corals Anonymous. Super excited! Got an Aussie Multi-Color Branching Hammer and some polyps of Blues Clues Zoas. Dipped them, acclimated them, and put them in. The hammers are doing great. But the Zoas…they opened all the way up within an hour of going in and they were…basically all white. One looks kind of blueish but a very muted brownish blue. CA said to give em a day or so to fully open. It’s now been 36 hours and still SUPER white. Thoughts? They close up at night and open in the morning so they aren’t dead or anything. I dunno what’s happening with these. Possible they’re mislabeled?

A9C0FE91-58FA-47C6-B1B4-FA464A900DCE.jpeg

unrelated but zoa so maybe applicable ... my Rainbow Infusion zoas took 5+ weeks to turn pink... They started turning pink so slow I didn't notice until suddenly I had PINK in center of tank where I wanted pink. Then they also took off growing. I was very upset with them for weeks initially but now I love them.

Hoping it all turns out okay for you, too

OP
OP
K

KPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh how interesting! The other Zoas I’ve gotten have been open and full color within an hour or so of going in the tank. But they’ve all come from LFS so maybe they just take that much longer when shipping? Weird!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh how interesting! The other Zoas I’ve gotten have been open and full color within an hour or so of going in the tank. But they’ve all come from LFS so maybe they just take that much longer when shipping? Weird!

Got my Rainbow Infusions from LFS so I initially blamed their lights vs my lights, though my lighting color spectrum originally was that LFS same AI breakouts. No idea why mine did what they did, but wanted to share in case it helps... no idea if relevant

OP
OP
K

KPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Rainbow Infusions from LFS so I initially blamed their lights vs my lights, though my lighting color spectrum originally was that LFS same AI breakouts. No idea why mine did what they did, but wanted to share in case it helps... no idea if relevant
Seems like it could be relevant. They seem healthy other than the colors. So I’ll just keep watching and see how they do.
Thanks!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back