Zoanthids only Frag tank

Hubris

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Lexington
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for information on building a zoanthids only shallow frag tank. Is AIO frag tank viable long term at about 8 inches in height or should I look into adding a sump. Can I go with no fish and feed one or two times weekly? Can do water changes weekly with ease. Looking to do a 3 to 4 foot zoa only grow out tank. Any information or suggestions is appreciated.
 
I don't see why not. I run a 40 breeder with an AIO drop in kit for a frag tank and have been running it for quite a while now. That tank has a bit of everything in it. I do keep a couple of fish in there but don't think you have to.
 
I figured it would be ok and if I stick with zoanthids a weekly water change should cover parameters.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new