Zoas gone

Gallon Gods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I got frag of a Duncan and monster zoa and both were open looking good last night and this morning my zoas are completely gone, off the plug no where to be found. No fish but i do have emerald crabs hermit crabs and snails. What happened to my zoa? pls help!

OP
OP
G

Gallon Gods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time I put something new in the tank the snails and hermits go to town on the new frag plug. It's possible the zoas got bulldozed off the plug in your case... it's happened here a few times.
Thank you! I searched for over an hr and finally found them they were definitely shoved off the plug. I dont have any gloves at the moment but will it be ok to use my hands to glue it back or should I just put it on a lone rock?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I searched for over an hr and finally found them they were definitely shoved off the plug. I dont have any gloves at the moment but will it be ok to use my hands to glue it back or should I just put it on a lone rock?
So long as you don’t have any cuts and don’t touch your eyes/mouth and thoroughly wash hands afterward, you should be fine. Most zoas dont actually have palytoxin (though determining if it’s a zoa/paly can be sometimes be difficult. I wouldn’t make a habit of it, but I think you’ll be okay if you’re careful (I would wear glasses though).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back