Zoas Shrinking?

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own mostly Zoas, and I’ve never seen this before which is why I am asking about it. So one of my zoas I have had for roughly 7 months, and it was always been doing amazing. Just in the last couple of days, some of the polyps are stretching much more than usual, and they are shrinking up at the ends. Only change I have made recently is adding a new bag of chemi pure elite, but do to how this zoa reacted I have since taken it out. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

C9486A8E-8952-4293-ABD6-C0FA2006F5F4.jpeg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water parameter history would help, as well as anything done in hte last several months. And just FYI, reef ecosystems are very dynamic, just because you haven't changed any thing recently doesn't mean there haven't been changes. :)

Deyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par on location? Nitrate? Believe it or not I’ve had zoas stretching like that and thought it needed more light but in reality it needed less light soon as I dropped my par down it corrected itself.. no more stretching.. we all have different results.. go slow and observe.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back