ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE THREAD!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dtackett
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
well this thread got fun lol. but I wouldn't call an AR a long distance weapon unless its a .308 the .223/5.56 is only goot accurately up to around 400 meters. might seem light long distance, but its not when you hold it side by side to the AR10. the m16a1 is old trusty, but I prefer the M4/m203 combo over old and rusty. they also don't jam as much. my favorite weapon to take into a zombie apocalypse would be a MK19 but I don't think they would be a justifiable choice outside of its pure awesomeness. I think if I had to chose a main and a side, I would do the M4/M203 combo, with a Taurus Judge for the side arm.
 
It all depends who's holding the gun, accurate or not.
We used to do a COKE competition with the AR15 in the sand pit we shot accurate up to 800 yards.
 
that's hard to believe considering the dop on it at 600 meters. im an expert marksmen with a m16, and I sure as hell couldn't hit 800 yards reliably. the maximum effective range is something like 500-600 meters, you could hit an area target at upwards of 800, but I doubt a coke can.
 
We hit a coke can on 1000Y with a kelTec 9mm.
 
ok. well even keltec doesn't agree with you on that one. they list the max effective range of their sub-2000 9mm as 150 yeards. and physics doesn't agree with you either. not gonna turn this thread into an argument thread on guns though.
 
My bad, my lieutenant told me it was 400, I must had to had a heat-stroke.

 
id watch and see but im at work so I cant :( dang filters. I love seeing people make impossible shots, and it does happen, but not reliably. ive seen someone take out a beer bottle with a 22 at 500 meters with pure luck. he never made the shot again but spent hundreds of rounds trying to lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new