Another Build Thread You Won't Read

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown fish eggs, about three four posts up from this. I'm bummed I'm not set up to make them viable.
You will get plenty of chances in the future.
Although for whatever reason my pair has taken a break, which has made cleaning the tank much less treacherous.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par 8,000

20240317_170556.jpg

Both are algae messes.
I want to do a Mangrove tank with a 6g long I have. I want to use it as a centerpiece for the dining room table. I need to figure out how to at least make it appear there is no wires or filter to it. :thinking-face:

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do a Mangrove tank with a 6g long I have. I want to use it as a centerpiece for the dining room table. I need to figure out how to at least make it appear there is no wires or filter to it. :thinking-face:
In storage I have a nice 20 gallon extra long. One day those mangroves will go in it.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some fish from a place called saltwaterfish.com. I know nothing about them. They had reasonable priced fish, no 149.99 Royal Grammas, and if you ordered above a certain amount, free shipping. I was going to go with Drreeffish or whatever they are called, but they don't take payment right away and I hate stuff like that. So then when it comes time to ship, OOPS sorry guess we don't have these in stock...and stuff like that. These fish come from a warehouse I am very familiar with since I worked with them back in my fish store days. So saltwaterfish.com is just the store front. I almost accidently bought a $25 powder blue tang. It was added to my cart without my knowledge. Glad I caught it before I clicked order. Not sure how that happened, a little bit shady.

All these fish are peaceful, the wrasse might have some moments, but we will see. I am holding off on the tang and mandarin for right now, until I get more pods going for the mandarin and I want to get the tang from a local store so I can observe. Basic B fish for a basic B tank.

Running the dosing lines this weekend. Going with the balling method with Tropic Marin's elements added. Once I get everything dialed in I am going to start adding corals.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like that our first hiccup. They have an option to send to a fed ex holding facility which I gladly accepted. It's a lot closer to my house than my work and it's supposed to be really cold that day. So I left out the suite number on my address, because it just has to get to the facility. Well two fish are being shipped to a 100 unit facility with no suite number not the hub. My bad, I should have known better. Now I am trying to contact them to change the address.

Edited: Very good customer service. All fish going to the hub.

Algae scrubber growing a new mat after byropsis treatment. The unit is louder than my plumbing and I have to turn down the flow until algae fills the screen then I can turn it up. I can already tell without adding more fish keeping phosphates and nitrates up in this tank is going to be a challenge. Nitrates are 2ish and phosphates almost undetected. My correction doses have my calcium at 420, alk at 8.0, and mag at 1380. They don't seem to be falling and regular water changes is all that's needed for now. This weekend I'll get dosers set up for balling.

I broke up with my local fish group. All over the lid debacle. Apparently I am spoiled and trying to ruin a mom and pop...lol. So I have to go to local stores for corals. Gross. Other lid I ordered should be here next week. However, I love my homemade lid. It's perfect for a eurobraced aquarium. The black is actually better than clear poly in my application. Other than look at it I don't think I'll be using the other lid.

Clown eggs still haven't hatched.

Last edited:

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broke up with my local fish group. All over the lid debacle. Apparently I am spoiled and trying to ruin a mom and pop...lol.
I thought it was over the fact, that at the last meeting, "things got out of hand".

Jethro’s cherished bong got broke.
It was given to him from his bro, who got it from a friend, who brought it back from India.

People were mad because you refused to help clean up the stank water that spilled on that "almost new" couch they just got from the Salvation Army...

Why you gotta lie...?

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why you gotta lie...?

True story. Pot is legal in my state and my mom came to visit from AZ. She has a medical card cause of the cancer but wanted to get a few buds while here. The bongs they sold at the shop were works of art and like 180 bucks. We decided to look elsewhere. While I was filling with gas she spotted this little 12.99 bong with a pot leaf on it and Rastafarian colors. This was her rig while here. Fast forward four years, that bong is just sitting on top of my fridge. I dust around it and crap but it's just sitting there. My 21 year old nephew comes over. He's tall like 6,4 so he is eye level with that dang thing. He sees that bong and says, and let me tell you I never felt more like a boomer than right then, "Oh wow auntie a bong, it's cute I guess, did you get it at the 7-Eleven?" Yes you little crap I did.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up the doser. Lines were easy. Doser did not want to connect to the internet. Took five tries. One less try than the first time I set it up. Really warm in my cabinet. Will add some 120mm fans for a push pull this summer. Although I'm boojie and have central air. Balling A, balling B, C, and then I'll get another container for mag which if I am reading correctly should only need correction once on a blue moon. I may not even use it. I'm going to wait a month and see. The elements will be added to the A and B as that is the easiest method. Sorry moonshiners. The recyclers already think I'm an alcoholic.

20240324_144640.jpg

20240324_144631.jpg

20240324_155741.jpg

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what I hate in this hobby? Scammers selling corals that are misrepresented. I have seen at least five questionable listings on this site. I'm almost tempted to buy the fake orange octo just to compare it to my real orange octo just so the guy will have to own it. That and I don't own an orange tip octo. Granted it's 50 bucks at my LCS. But yeah, worth it to roast a con.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns laid eggs again. I am introducing new fish today so Miss Clown is going to be a real B word for sure.
They will do it til the end of time every 14 days unless something changes they don’t like.
Look at it this way. They feel your tanks parameters are good enough to bring babies into this world.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make bad choices, a lot. Most end up with me in jail.

If you get freight to your place of business everyday at the same time every day, DO NOT PICK UP YOUR LIVE FISH FROM THE HUB. It's a lie. The website doesn't realize the truck drive from the airport to the hub is LONGER than if I would have just sent them here. Those fish have been on a cold truck, I crap you not, since 8am. Not processing, not in standby literally rolling around on a truck. She said said truck has several deliveries on their route and that maybe if I am lucky they will make it to the pick up location THEIR LAST STOP in time before they close. They would have been here at 10am if I would have listened to my gut for once and not trust a bunch of fish slingers on the interwebs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back