OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse has ich or velvet or both. I dont QT. I used to and should have but I didn't. Or maybe it's nothing. I noticed he stuck his back fin in the mp40. Or it's the death of everyone lesson learned the hard way.
20240329_174127.jpg

Last edited:

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse has ich or velvet or both. I dont QT. I used to and should have but I didn't. Or maybe it's nothing. I noticed he stuck his back fin in the mp40. Or it's the death of everyone lesson learned the hard way.
20240329_174127.jpg
I have actually used this with good success. Makes your skimmer go bonkers though. But it is safe for reef tanks. I think it is a eucalyptus oil based or tea tree or something like that.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually used this with good success. Makes your skimmer go bonkers though. But it is safe for reef tanks. I think it is a eucalyptus oil based or tea tree or something like that.
Naw man that crap is just that, crap. If this is a problem I will pull everyone out and put in QT. It will annoy and frustrate me but oh well. Then I will work on my algae issue. But he was eating, and looking normal. Made a little sand home and looked, normal. I made them some garlic food. Everyone ate. House smelled like an italian eatery.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That limits you greatly on the type of rockscape you can enjoy and I feel might be a tad bit of an over reaction for what rarely becomes and issue. Or not so rarely if you are me. The byropsis will always be there I bet. I'll just have to prevent it taking over. We are moving in a year or 2 so I really just need to keep it under control. I'm hoping this new place will have a room that I can set up as a sump room. That is for another tank build thread.

The damsel is going to go live in the sump. I'm going to two net his bully yellow butt. Failing that, I might just trap him with a mirror and an old empty jar of moonshine.
Defiantly you would like a sump. Plenty of room for an in sump skimmer which I believe is a necessity. Also lately I went to a local fabric outlet an bought stuffing for different projects. It is cheap so I put it in one chamber. It gets real dirty, but I just squeeze it dry and th
20210306_075912.jpg
row it out. It also gives you the option of putting a pump in it. Mine is external and I like it, however gets rid of another water leak possibility. Besides that you can add any media you may want or need. Here is another idea a no waste RO system by watts with a DI filter added
20210307_130017.jpg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a tough try but I'm going to avoid ordering live fish from companies that use fed ex express. Live aquaria delivered some fish to the wrong address. In winter. They died. I forgot about that. Now this. They were at the shipping center this whole time, guy at desk says we didn't update the system,oops. The fish are very alert so far. They seem to want out very badly. All looks well.
So did all of them make it?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw man that crap is just that, crap. If this is a problem I will pull everyone out and put in QT. It will annoy and frustrate me but oh well. Then I will work on my algae issue. But he was eating, and looking normal. Made a little sand home and looked, normal. I made them some garlic food. Everyone ate. House smelled like an italian eatery.
I really didn’t have much of a choice, because my rocks can not be removed without serious damage. I tried it and it seemed to work. Everyone was clear a few days later and it has not come back. I do not run a UV so there is that. I am not endorsing the product, because I caught things early and it just seemed to be the little bump I needed. I do not know if it would work under different circumstances.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really didn’t have much of a choice, because my rocks can not be removed without serious damage. I tried it and it seemed to work. Everyone was clear a few days later and it has not come back. I do not run a UV so there is that. I am not endorsing the product, because I caught things early and it just seemed to be the little bump I needed. I do not know if it would work under different circumstances.

Ah man that sucks. I used to qt. Had a medication scheduled and everything. I had a permanent tank set up. 1 out of ten fish wouldn't make it through treatment. And I would still get ich every once and a while. It got to where people would trade me coral to qt their fish. Finally I was so done.

I have a uv but didn't plumb it in. It would be fairly low powered for this size tank. Maybe I will reconsider.

All fish look great today. Urchin moved out of clown cave so they have been cleaning house. Urchin did eat all the eggs. Wrasse has no spots that I can see. Maybe those were sand or bubbles or they were ich and it's gone. Dispar and wrasse are buds but wrasse made himself a sand cave on left side of tank he naps in. Cleaner shrimp was cleaning wrasse and blenny this early morning before lights on. Fire shrimp eats whatever is on overflow. Wrasse is hungerly eating pods off glass and dispar eats them out of water column. I ordered on Amazon everything I will need to culture my own. Phyto as well. Gramma basslet is active today, swimming around and then darting into his little rock cave. He acts more like a blenny with his little head hanging out. Yellow tail damsel has set his little cave as his property and all other fish leaves it alone. Clown gave him what's up the other night so he has been a good fish. He swims up to the other fish but now leaves them alone. I have put on hold rehoming him. But might revisit with next batch of fish. I decided to add 8 more dispar females, the mandarin,and the tang. That will be the end of the fish.

Going to treat the byropsis next three weeks. Then by golly I better get some dang corals in this box.

I mean look!

Screenshot_20240330_112414_Facebook.jpg

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah man that sucks. I used to qt. Had a medication scheduled and everything. I had a permanent tank set up. 1 out of ten fish wouldn't make it through treatment. And I would still get ich every once and a while. It got to where people would trade me coral to qt their fish. Finally I was so done.

I have a uv but didn't plumb it in. It would be fairly low powered for this size tank. Maybe I will reconsider.

All fish look great today. Urchin moved out of clown cave so they have been cleaning house. Urchin did eat all the eggs. Wrasse has no spots that I can see. Maybe those were sand or bubbles or they were ich and it's gone. Dispar and wrasse are buds but wrasse made himself a sand cave on left side of tank he naps in. Cleaner shrimp was cleaning wrasse and blenny this early morning before lights on. Fire shrimp eats whatever is on overflow. Wrasse is hungerly eating pods off glass and dispar eats them out of water column. I ordered on Amazon everything I will need to culture my own. Phyto as well. Gramma basslet is active today, swimming around and then darting into his little rock cave. He acts more like a blenny with his little head hanging out. Yellow tail damsel has set his little cave as his property and all other fish leaves it alone. Clown gave him what's up the other night so he has been a good fish. He swims up to the other fish but now leaves them alone. I have put on hold rehoming him. But might revisit with next batch of fish. I decided to add 8 more dispar females, the mandarin,and the tang. That will be the end of the fish.

Going to treat the byropsis next three weeks. Then by golly I better get some dang corals in this box.

I mean look!

Screenshot_20240330_112414_Facebook.jpg
Staring at that frag photo hurts my brain lol. Love all the wrasse!

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals are you focusing on?
I will have a mixed reef. SPS up in the 200 par area I built, I also made a little arch and under there will be some low light zoas I have that like it shady. Hammers off to the right and my orange octo. I was looking at some rock anemones but I think my clown and her digging fubar'd that idea. She will just knock sand all over them. Acans and duncans, really interesting into starting some chalice and gonis. I am going to take it painfully slow. I am using the balling method. With Tropic Marins elements. First thing first get rid of this Byropsis. The first hit of fluzocole did nothing, hoping another brand will work.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a mixed reef. SPS up in the 200 par area I built, I also made a little arch and under there will be some low light zoas I have that like it shady. Hammers off to the right and my orange octo. I was looking at some rock anemones but I think my clown and her digging fubar'd that idea. She will just knock sand all over them. Acans and duncans, really interesting into starting some chalice and gonis. I am going to take it painfully slow. I am using the balling method. With Tropic Marins elements. First thing first get rid of this Byropsis. The first hit of fluzocole did nothing, hoping another brand will work.
Don’t know if you’ve tried it or not but all for reef is the ****!! Easy 1 part dosing.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct! Works amazingly well! I’ve tried all sorts of stuff over 20 years and this is legit..
I have no idea what Turbo is on about then. Let's just drink and talk behind his back. Yeah it's actually more expensive or will be in my tank. This balling, even fully stocked will be roughly $7 a month. I think. We will have to see. Come back to this post and you can say I told you so or something.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what Turbo is on about then. Let's just drink and talk behind his back. Yeah it's actually more expensive or will be in my tank. This balling, even fully stocked will be roughly $7 a month. I think. We will have to see. Come back to this post and you can say I told you so or something.
The powder is cheaper but not cheap by any means.. to off set the costs on my 300 gallon sps reef I top off with kalk and use about 80ml daily of all for reef to keep it all stable and replenish my trace elements…

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The powder is cheaper but not cheap by any means.. to off set the costs on my 300 gallon sps reef I top off with kalk and use about 80ml daily of all for reef to keep it all stable and replenish my trace elements…
Wow... You're getting off easy. I am running 25ml of part A/B of B-ionic. And 28ml of AFR plus a squirt of K elements daily on a 40g SPS dom. That gets me 430 Cal and 8 ish Alk. I also have to add Po4 and No3.
The tank is pretty packed though.
IMG_1966.jpeg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, right now you technically just need water changes. But if you go to AFR when you start getting corals, If you buy the 1600g, which would be over a year supply. That would be about than $6 a month. AFR is like balling but better... it's Balling with table service... < Baller Joke....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back