do you feed tangs nori everyday?

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does it matter how quickly they eat it? As long as none of it gets wasted and each fish gets a portion, why pay $110 to slow it down? BTW used to visit Sydney, Paremetta, Cairns and Port Douglas for business years ago. Always loved the people and scuba diving!
I guess it doesnt really, just wanting to make sure they are getting enough, and it probably better if they have it to graze on during the day also.
Used to live in Sydney for years and have also done the reef at Cairns and Pt Douglas close to 17 years ago now, its an amazing place!
Did a lot of diving around Sydney, the fish life there is awesome.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a video :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

With that many and that size, consider use three clips and put in 3+ sheet. If they eat them all quickly, then give them more. those are huge tangs. I have 4 mid to small size tangs and I feed 2+ sheet a day. The tighter you fold it, the smaller piece they can rip off at a time.

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that many and that size, consider use three clips and put in 3+ sheet. If they eat them all quickly, then give them more. those are huge tangs. I have 4 mid to small size tangs and I feed 2+ sheet a day. The tighter you fold it, the smaller piece they can rip off at a time.
Trust me...i do, normally i put one on each and, and one on the front...
All gone in a minute or 2! :p

I have never been able to fill them up, and they look bloated.

SocalS14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you tell me the brand and where you get it?
Sure...I use the Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer PRO. I use a rubberband to hold it closed. I keep two around so I can easily switch them out. Reason I feed once a week - is I still want them to graze on the rocks/glass, etc. In that sense, I am supplementing, not replacing.

180large

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 1/2 sheet 2-3 times a week to 5 fairly large tangs. I feed a mix of frozen food twice a day adding selcon and vitachem a few times a week. They get several types of pellets through out the day as treats because they are so good at begging. My oldest the naso has been with me over 7 years, the convict the youngest will be with me 3 years in June. They do well for me not getting a lot of nori. All are fat and healthy with good colors and zero hlle .
Them at treat time.

EDIT: It's not that I don't want them having a lot of nori it's just easier to toss some food in when I walk by vs having to cut strips in the nori and place it in the pouch. I don't really think you can feed them too much but I also don't think it has to be a staple food for them to be healthy long term.

Curious, do you use carbon. I have what seems to be slight case of HLLE on my white tail bristletooth.
Around his nostrils. I too feed nori with selcon

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, do you use carbon. I have what seems to be slight case of HLLE on my white tail bristletooth.
Around his nostrils. I too feed nori with selcon
I do run carbon. I don't change it religiously but usually have some in a reactor. I normally run the pelletized vs the granular. The tangs in the video are not all of mine. I have 8 total some I've had over 7 years. Naso, purple, 2 yellows, convict, Blue hippo, two spot bristle tooth and a powder brown. I have zero signs of hlle on any fish. I feed a frozen mix twice a day and add selcon and vitachem several times a week. I also feed pellets as treats several times a day.
I probably feed more than I should but I prefer fat healthy fish that always swim to me expecting a treat when they see me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back