OP
OP
Lowefx

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people spot treat, I just dumped it into the overflow. You use standard 3% peroxide from the pharmacy. Start at 1 mL per 10 gallons and see how that works.
1ml per 10g didn't do anything for me after 3 days. I dosed into powerheads. I wanted to double that but I'm worried about burning my fishes gills and possibly nuking my snails and shrimp.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people spot treat, I just dumped it into the overflow. You use standard 3% peroxide from the pharmacy. Start at 1 mL per 10 gallons and see how that works.
Is there any drawbacks to this? Will it harm my tank in any way? If I did a 5ml treatment for my 65 gallon tank? Just pour it right into my tank itself?

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide breaks down into oxygen and water. Obviously too much of anything can be harmful. If everything looks good but the cyano doesn't respond, you can slowly build the dosage. Dosing during the photoperiod helps break down the peroxide rapidly, maximizing the oxidizing power.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide breaks down into oxygen and water. Obviously too much of anything can be harmful. If everything looks good but the cyano doesn't respond, you can slowly build the dosage. Dosing during the photoperiod helps break down the peroxide rapidly, maximizing the oxidizing power.
Meaning I should or should not dose at the same time my lights are on? I've only been running moonlights cause of the cyano.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's cyano you can dose 3% hydrogen peroxide at 1 ml per 10 gallons. It takes more than a few days usually to work. I've never experienced any problems dosing at that rate, I have also dosed more than that without trouble.

If it's spirulina only chemi clean and the stuff jsker is recommending will work.

Both are very frustrating to deal with don't lose your mind over it.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's cyano you can dose 3% hydrogen peroxide at 1 ml per 10 gallons. It takes more than a few days usually to work. I've never experienced any problems dosing at that rate, I have also dosed more than that without trouble.

If it's spirulina only chemi clean and the stuff jsker is recommending will work.

Both are very frustrating to deal with don't lose your mind over it.
I'm thinking about trying to dose for my 65 gallon. Just worried for negative effects.

Mpierce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost 1 week in dosing h2o2, no issues at the 1ml/10gal rate 2x a day. Zoas close up for an hour or so and then open right back up. I just dose into my return chamber of the sump so it gets diluted before entering the main tank. h2o2 has a short half life so if you have negative effects it will be out of your system quickly. Only thing I did was take my GFO offline, there is some possibility that it reacts with the peroxide and may cause overly quick drop in phosphates.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost 1 week in dosing h2o2, no issues at the 1ml/10gal rate 2x a day. Zoas close up for an hour or so and then open right back up. I just dose into my return chamber of the sump so it gets diluted before entering the main tank. h2o2 has a short half life so if you have negative effects it will be out of your system quickly. Only thing I did was take my GFO offline, there is some possibility that it reacts with the peroxide and may cause overly quick drop in phosphates.
Are both times you are dosing during the lights on? Any effect on the cyano?

Mpierce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do one dose in the morning around 6-7am and then one dose in the evening around 7pm. The evening dose is when the lights are on. Lights don't turn on til 11am. I am still a bit conflicted about if it is helping or not, some mornings the cyano looks really cleared up only to come home from work and have it look like not much has changed. I think there is a good possibility I have multiple strains of cyano including spirulana which h2o2 doesn't affect. When I put some samples in a cup with tank water and peroxide some definitely turned green and made the water pink while some other chunks didn't seem to do much. I will finish out a 2 week cycle and then stop.

I am doing vibrant 1x a week and I will be adding kz cyanoclean and coral snow into my daily routine to see if I can kick it without having to do red slime remover / medication.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which works best on the stuff peroxide does not touch, red slime stain remover or Chemi-clean?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%

Back