OP
OP
Lowefx

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried Vibrant and H2O2 and they both had little effect. After a month and a half I nuked the tank and the problem was gone 3 days. I used one treatment. I did a water change 7 days after the first treatment. What the cyano treatment do is starve out the bacteria with a bacteria. Yours is light compared to mine and I would suggest doing a water change 72 hours after you start
Well I don't want to nuke my coral or fish. Is that stuff friendly for them? Also I want to continue using the zeovit stuff, and I want to make sure this doesn't negatively effect my system. I need more specific details.

jvgomes73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20170113-154306.png

jvgomes73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works awesome killed it all within 2 days I put a second dose 48 hours later hasn't come back since and that was over a month ago

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don't want to nuke my coral or fish. Is that stuff friendly for them? Also I want to continue using the zeovit stuff, and I want to make sure this doesn't negatively effect my system. I need more specific details.
Just use a air stone in your DT to add air and it will not effect your live stock or you corals. I pulled my carbon and left everything else running including my Zoevit in the sump.

OP
OP
Lowefx

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use a air stone in your DT to add air and it will not effect your live stock or you corals. I pulled my carbon and left everything else running including my Zoevit in the sump.
What's the name of the product you use? And where is it sold???

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I came in late on this fun thread!
Did you know guys that there is a third species of cyanobacteria I am finding that is even more difficult than spirulina ;) don't worry I am in the works with this.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you know guys that there is a third species of cyanobacteria I am finding that is even more difficult than spirulina ;) don't worry I am in the works with this.
Send me some! I cant seem to keep mine alive.;)

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I probably had that too! :D

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my shots, added in the measurements but it does not upload due to the extension. It is the software I was using so working on different program to see if I can get around this issue as I track cell rates.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Lowefx

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 8 hours, my cup has a red tint, and still some floating green algae. I'll chalk back in the am for an update.
1484362350468.jpeg

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setup is about 300 gallons total water volume. Tank is 250 gallon, sump is 80 gallon, except for red slime either cyano or spirulina or both, everything is doing well. The cyano started about 2 months ago but was not overtaking anything. Don't know if it was caused by a very old bag of salt I had or some other change in the water.
I pulled some mat out of my tank, put it into about six oz. of tank water with 1 ml of peroxide, water stared turning pink in less than two hours. Dosed 1 ml peroxide per 10 gallons twice a day and it does not appear to make a difference after 7 days of dosing. The peroxide did not appear to hurt anything not even peppermint shrimp, did cause zoas to close for about an hour. Vibrant seemed to make it worse. I made a few changes to my system and waiting to see if they help. Was using all in one bio pellets which do seem to keep po4 and no3 undetectable but got tired of cleaning and feel it actually made my tank dirtier looking. Went back to GFO in a reactor and put on a sulfur reactor, I have also added a chaeto reactor. I have a bare bottom lots of water flow and using Orphek Atlantic LED fixtures. I don't have a cleanup crew which I thought about adding. I also don't do frequent water changes, I have done 2 at 10% in almost 1 1/2 years. I do have to make up 3-4 gallons of mixed water a week to make up for what I remove with my skimmer. I am waiting to see if my changes help before I do anything other treatments. I will wait about a month and if it does not help will try either Boyds Chemi-Clean or Ultralife red slime remover.

OP
OP
Lowefx

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so it does have the red/pink tint. There is still some floating green algae left over. So what does this mean? @rick.45
1484415565182.jpeg

OP
OP
Lowefx

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone???
I've also read over on the zeovit forum that of I dose peroxide it may kill all of the good bacteria.

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I could send you a sample form the UK that I have? So far I tried aqua medic anti red, lights out, peroxide and qium cyano control. According to the h2o2 test it's not spirulina.

After lightsout my tank was completely clear then it slowly came back even in high flow areas. My parameters are phos 0.03 and nitrates at 1ppm. Even after the cyano cleared I was getting the same results.

The only thing I can think that is fuelling the cyano is carbon dosing with nopox which I have since halved my dosage after placing a brightwells nitrx brick in my sump and it the bacteria is slowly colonising the media, hopefully by next week I can stop dosing nopox.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone???
I've also read over on the zeovit forum that of I dose peroxide it may kill all of the good bacteria.
Peroxide won't kill all of the good bacteria, but it will kick the cr@p out of cyano. Start slowly and give it a try. If it's truly cyano, you'll results in 2-4 days.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back