May we please discuss seam breaks in 2-3 yr tanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus we're helping shift some of the burden off reefbuilders to write about it in some way/head right to the source, at the only location known to allow the discussion= rtr

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion it would be fair to repost any seam break posts that occur after 4/25/23 here vs elsewhere. that way only fresh starts/examples are used and nothing is looped from old reports. if that sounds unfair or unreasonable then we should not do that but it seemed fitting discussion material for the matter.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea doesn’t answer anyone on here though so it’s a mute point/effort
Even I'd RS never answers, this thread will remain on the front page of the Red Sea forum for the foreseeable future which helps increase visibility and provides warning to others who may be interested in owning a RS tank. Threads in general forums get buried much more quickly. It is not a moot effort.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like reading threads like this for entertainment purposes but have nothing to say so I am just going to insert this gif

Weird Fish Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO selling rimless tank at scale is a bad idea for consumers. As a business plan is a great idea, less material more profit.

Jedi Knghit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm noticing an uptick in posts about seam breaks can we get input on the matter pls/ prevention or assistance details

They seem to center around 2-3 year old models based on themes in searchable recent threads, is there any type of tank padding or after market bracing needed? Is there any benefit in disassembling the reef portion in order to gain access to seals that are currently in good condition, to preemptively reinforce them/ add extra layer of seam support?

"Hey Red Sea, will you publicly admit there is a problem with your tank designs?"

This thread is a joke, right?

No company with a potential design and/or quality issue is going to publicly respond to your questions because it would be the equivalent of admitting they have an issue.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real people are having real issues. Why do you feel the need to gatekeep?
The issue is between RS and their tank owners. Myself and many here are tired of seeing this garbage. How many active threads has this guy started on the same topic?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is between RS and their tank owners. Myself and many here are tired of seeing this garbage. How many active threads has this guy started on the same topic?
As others have already pointed out, if you don't like it, hit the ignore button and you won't see them.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jedi

if you can’t see this thread is a forced accounting then that’s ok we haven’t interacted much on the web so far. As long as no more seam breaks are posted anywhere I surf after 4/25/23 this thread won’t seem too serious for sure agreed.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have already pointed out, if you don't like it, hit the ignore button and you won't see them.
So when I log on there are literally 3 threads on the first page same BS on all of them. But just wants to blow smoke and insult RS owners.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to make repeats on reefing subjects…rip cleans, stall analysis / seam breaks emerged as a new flavor of the year agreed its best to hit ignore if these are not agreeable reads / we should move on peacefully / grievances are aired Im mainly interested in watching out for more seam breaks and I hope none happen further

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tend to make repeats on reefing subjects…rip cleans, stall analysis / seam breaks emerged as a new flavor of the year agreed its best to hit ignore if these are not agreeable reads / we should move on peacefully / grievances are aired Im mainly interested in watching out for more seam breaks and I hope none happen further
Really? You like to make repeats?????? hm never noticed

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Red Sea has already admitted the short comings and failures. They offered a retrofit to “fix” their poorly designed stands holding their poorly designed tanks. Yet, those installing said fix are still having tanks fail in the exact spot the fix was supposed to solve.

Hmmm

Jedi Knghit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea has already admitted the short comings and failures. They offered a retrofit to “fix” their poorly designed stands holding their poorly designed tanks. Yet, those installing said fix are still having tanks fail in the exact spot the fix was supposed to solve.

Hmmm

They acknowledged the shortcomings and issued a brace to fix the issues for a couple of the larger models. Unfortunately, there were no fixes for MOST of the models and the issue is not just limited to the couple models they "fixed".

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 108 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%

Back