My house got robbed tonight

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my kid out to eat and when we got home, the back door was open, all our cats were out and all my wife's jewelry was gone, along with some of my daughters. Im so furious. We live in an "upper middle class" neighborhood too. The detectives were super cool, so we will see.

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that really sucks, hopefully they find the point of sale that did it and can recover your belongings.

do_0b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks dude, my friend got his house robbed a while back as well. Insurance covered a bit but not 100%.

kromar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you get your cats back. Hope they get the point of sale.

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my kid out to eat and when we got home, the back door was open, all our cats were out and all my wife's jewelry was gone, along with some of my daughters. Im so furious. We live in an "upper middle class" neighborhood too. The detectives were super cool, so we will see.
I'm very sorry this happened to you. Thank God your family wasn't home when the scum of the earth invaded your castle. Check out the thread "Why your neighbors might think your a drug dealer." --- do you think your tank had anything to do with what happened? If so please post your experience in that thread. I know you've been through a lot. As soon as you can talk to your neighbors and see if they saw anything (if nothing else it would be a good time to meet them if you haven't already and swap phone #s) the smallest tip could help the police. Hopefully everything lost can be replaced. Also you may want to make a call to victims advocates with the police department - they may be able to help with your losses and you may even get them to buy or help you purchase cameras for the house. Good luck and our prayers go out to you and your family.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry this happened to you. Thank God your family wasn't home when the scum of the earth invaded your castle. Check out the thread "Why your neighbors might think your a drug dealer." --- do you think your tank had anything to do with what happened? If so please post your experience in that thread. I know you've been through a lot. As soon as you can talk to your neighbors and see if they saw anything (if nothing else it would be a good time to meet them if you haven't already and swap phone #s) the smallest tip could help the police. Hopefully everything lost can be replaced. Also you may want to make a call to victims advocates with the police department - they may be able to help with your losses and you may even get them to buy or help you purchase cameras for the house. Good luck and our prayers go out to you and your family.
the police went to ny neighbors. I know and am friendly with them. The b police think we have a lead, they said the will investigate tomorrow which all the evidence points in thst direction. I don't belive my tsnk had anything to do with it.

vladandlilith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how that feels and I am so sorry that happened to you. Ours was a home invasion. My wife still freezes when someone knocks on the door and this was in November of 1996.

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry this happened to you,

unfortunately here in NJ the heroin problem is so bad all neighborhoods are at risk of being robbed.

the town i live in is right off the parkway so alot of the times people get robbed by people from bad areas who are on and off the parkway before the cops even have time to respond.
i hope they catch the guys who did it.
best of luck to you

TheGrimmReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry this happened to you,

unfortunately here in NJ the heroin problem is so bad all neighborhoods are at risk of being robbed.

Correction: Here in the US the heroin problem is so bad....

Sorry to hear about the troubles, man. Good luck moving forward.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now might be a good time to look into a home security system, I was looking at the Nest cameras... They detect movement and alert you right away. Plus you can set up multiple cams and view them straight from your phone. (One cam of course being set on the tank). Hopefully they catch the sob's and check local pawn shops for the jewelry and other items stolen. Most require an ID to sell stuff. My buddy was a victim of such a crime and that's how they caught his culprit.

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a terrible thing to happen, the feeling of loss of privacy must be awful! As was stated above, I'm glad that you, your family and pets are safe! Hopefully those responsible will be caught!

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Glad you got your cats back. We had a similar home invasion a few years back. They let our senior beagles go and a neighbor found them and locked them in the yard. Insurance will cover your losses but the feeling of vulnerability etc will haunt you for a while.

For us at least the little jerks that did it were all caught. Some served actual jail time. They were part of over 30 home invasions in our area that summer. At one home they stole a handgun and the one that was caught with that was charged heavily. The rest served short time and were forced to pay restitution, which is a joke. We get a check for 2-3 bucks every 6 months.

As said, invest in a home security system with cameras. They do provide you with a high level of instant information and images of anyone on your property. We installed 4 and they have served us well.

Good luck with the recovery effort.

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am sorry to hear that, glad to hear that nobody was hurt....we have a similar problem here with all the empty homes....we formed a neighborhood watch after a bunch of break-ins occurred in the empty homes and it has helped. i actually caught a trio of potential robbers trying to loot a property. unfortunately by the time the cops came they ran off

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this man, Unfortunately even if you get everything back it will always be in your mind and that's the hardest part. Like others have said even if you can invest in a 200-300 dollar ip camera that would help out a lot. You can get them to record only when they detect movement and they will let you know via smartphone.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 3.7%
Back