“I’m not dead yet!” Saltyfilmfolks

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear from you, and great to hear that things are looking up. When you have a moment can you please pm the phone number for your super model team, as i could definitely use some help myself!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April eleven - 5:30 in the morning - I was convinced that it was the last time I saw my wife and my tank. I was leaving my apartment for the hospital with an issue that the doctors 6 years earlier said that they would not manage next time. 2 days later (and 10 plus 2 hours on the table) they prove them self wrong. In my mind they was two super doctors doing an excellent job - the first day - they was working for 10 hours with me. The two weeks following this day was rather hard but today its rather normal.

I learned to two things

1) do not play with your aquarium computer app the day after a 10 hour long surgery - still high on painkillers - I was near to kill my aquaria too - pH was 9.3 in the evening

2) it ain´t over before the fat lady sings (but this time I were convinced that she was on the very last tone)

And it takes its toll. Probably on sense of humor first.

I´m not sure that you have done that if I look at the drawing - your sense of humor is great. For everyone that does not understand that - here is the scene on which the drawing is based :)

British humor when it is best

Welcome back and remember - always look at the bright side of life :)

Sincerely Lasse

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April eleven - 5:30 in the morning - I was convinced that it was the last time I saw my wife and my tank. I was leaving my apartment for the hospital with an issue that the doctors 6 years earlier said that they would not manage next time. 2 days later (and 10 plus 2 hours on the table) they prove them self wrong. In my mind they was two super doctors doing an excellent job - the first day - they was working for 10 hours with me. The two weeks following this day was rather hard but today its rather normal.

I learned to two things

1) do not play with your aquarium computer app the day after a 10 hour long surgery - still high on painkillers - I was near to kill my aquaria too - pH was 9.3 in the evening

2) it ain´t over before the fat lady sings (but this time I were convinced that she was on the very last tone)

I´m not sure that you have done that if I look at the drawing - your sense of humor is great. For everyone that does not understand that - here is the scene on which the drawing is based :)

British humor when it is best

Welcome back and remember - always look at the bright side of life :)

Sincerely Lasse

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious I always laugh when I see that seen.

OP
OP
saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.
Thank you all. I was not expecting this.

It’s been a pretty strange journey. I count as one of the blessing my time here with you all and count every OP and thread in it.
From just a tank nerd , to coral geek to full blown science dork , the learning I’ve been able to do here has actually been a huge contribution to my understanding of basic physiology. For better or worse , being able to call out a PhD or dr on the basics of how a cell absorbs a compound and calculating a correct dosage for my self was creepily cool.
No two tank are the same.

Anove all , the most helpful , the phrase I overuse quite a bit , patience, proved to be the most valuable.

Most folks who have similar experiences know the system is pretty broken. Ins , liability , professionals believing anecdotal info really make it a challenge.

The worst is probaly not over and I have some huge challenges right now. (Spilling your marbles takes time to clean up don’t cha know).
But luck and perseverance has brought me some amazing technicians. So there is light at the end of the tunnel it seems.

Why do I suddenly picture a Robert Palmer video with a harem of supermodels scraping his tank?
It’s just like that actually.
But they don’t scape algae, they are all red heads , and mostly they just give me stern looks to keep me on track.

Ok , well the one guy has grey hair , but he don’t do algae either.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
JASON!!!! Man so glad to hear from you! I sent you an email but I wasn't exactly sure it would get to you since it was a forum email. Just wanted to make sure you were ok.

You're a huge asset here but way more importantly you're an asset to the lives of many people who love you! Bro please take care of yourself and don't hesitate to contact me for anything! Praying for you!

OP
OP
saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JASON!!!! Man so glad to hear from you! I sent you an email but I wasn't exactly sure it would get to you since it was a forum email. Just wanted to make sure you were ok.

You're a huge asset here but way more importantly you're an asset to the lives of many people who love you! Bro please take care of yourself and don't hesitate to contact me for anything! Praying for you!
Thank you!
You’re good people here!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Amen

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back