OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trigger knocked all the rocks down last night so time for a new scape on the right side.
20240318_104647.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh yeah guys was wondering if any y'all had any mangrove experience?
Due to myself I tried and failed but would like to try and NOT fail again.
Fire away.
I know they actually like light, less blue, more natural? Also, a big killer and/or growth inhibitor is dirty leaves so spray the leaves off frequently with fresh, pure water. Beyond that, I know next to nothing. They probably want nutrients so be prepared to start dosing phosphates/nitrates as needed.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For the record: I went to the doctor today (finally). She wrote me an order for an X-ray on my lower back so I'll do that Thursday likely. She doesn't think it's compression, so she's leaning more towards a mild sciatica. She's going to recommend chiropractor and possible physical therapy if the X-ray is clear.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record: I went to the doctor today (finally). She wrote me an order for an X-ray on my lower back so I'll do that Thursday likely. She doesn't think it's compression, so she's leaning more towards a mild sciatica. She's going to recommend chiropractor and possible physical therapy if the X-ray is clear.
Hope they fix it for you!

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good vibes.
Prayers are with you and I'm sending a you're all good dude vibe.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That my friend is good news! Swing by my office and I’ll work on you for free. This is how I spent my morning also.
92C29F7D-CCD3-4FE1-85D9-BD59CA292B5B.jpeg

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went ahead and ordered some mangroves. I think I have enough residual light from the fuge and since my fuge is 20 inches long, I'll plant them on the other side.
Needing a good substrate to secure the roots, definitely a problem I had from my last adventure.
Any help here is appreciated.
Thinking about regular sand, Aragonite, coral rubble, crushed coral
What y'all think?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went ahead and ordered some mangroves. I think I have enough residual light from the fuge and since my fuge is 20 inches long, I'll plant them on the other side.
Needing a good substrate to secure the roots, definitely a problem I had from my last adventure.
Any help here is appreciated.
Thinking about regular sand, Aragonite, coral rubble, crushed coral
What y'all think?
OK @tbrown tagged me in on the mud but i have also been entertaining the mangrove idea so now I'm following. Nice to meet you.
Lots of light get the pods not the ones that have already sprouted roots. If the roots get damaged in shipping or just in general they won't make it. Red seem to be most common I'm going to try to find black pods.

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back