00W's AIO Smorgasbord

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't. I understand the risks. Btw, I see you got your new name ok'd.
I get my fish from two places that do QT and conditioning for me, I don’t have the resources at my house to do so myself,

OP
OP
00W

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good night everyone!
See y'all in the morning!
Picture13.jpg

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use rowa phos because my phosphate was close to 1 and never going down. I began to see algae on rocks and glasses. I don't know which type of algae like 1cm height and brown, larger than hair algae. Since only on glass, I have to clean every 5 days and phosphate is a little less than 0.25 now.

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concerning QT, FYI my first post was on Paul b thread. My little one is born at the early stage on COVID. We stayed inside for months and weaken our immune system. When she went to nursery it was a year and half of disease non stop, a nightmare. So for fishes, I thought to go on ich management as I knew I would mess up at some point by doing wrong copper dosage, put an invertebrate directly on the DT or a frag and bring a disease with low immune fishes inside. I saw very rarely a spot or 2 which disappeared. 12 days ago, I bought a flame angelfish, seem very healthy and big. For 4/5 days nothing and in less than 2 hours covered on ich( so fast it was painful to watch). He was only grazing and not eating any others foods I provided. On the same day it appeared, he began to eat my food, put selcon on food, try to get stable and good parameters. At some point it was so bad to look at, I though it is velvet but the fish is active, eating a lot, not breathing fast, not going on powerhead, not weak with other fishes... This morning nothing on the body, only on fins (6 days already since spots appeared). I know ich is changing on its cycle by falling down and cross my fingers on what will happen later. No other fish has spot since, but hope it is the same strain that the very few spots I saw before so others have a part of immunization on it. Time will tell. But it is going so fast, I am on the edge of the seat all the time to see if I doom the fishes.

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, I am assuming my choice and will assume the consequences. I am still thinking immune system is better than a sterile environment. My tank is not on a lab where all can be managed in a proper way (apparently). I am pretty sure doing everything good to eradicate but still make a mistake will stress me out too and discourage me more. I think in US, some vendors may have a proper quarantined setup to help you on this path. I think it is all or nothing, if you go on ich eradication, it is from beginning on rock (if live), sand (if live), coral, invertebrate, fish, plug...

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, I am assuming my choice and will assume the consequences. I am still thinking immune system is better than a sterile environment. My tank is not on a lab where all can be managed in a proper way (apparently). I am pretty sure doing everything good to eradicate but still make a mistake will stress me out too and discourage me more. I think in US, some vendors may have a proper quarantined setup to help you on this path. I think it is all or nothing, if you go on ich eradication, it is from beginning on rock (if live), sand (if live), coral, invertebrate, fish, plug...
Great explanation Remi and I like your philosophy.

Some day, when I’m much more experienced I would absolutely feel comfortable doing this myself. But right now, I can barely decipher diatoms from cyano, let alone something on my fish - lol!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what we're having. I got home only to leave for gas. Just got home again and have to supervise the boy while he breaks boxes. @fishguy242 I think my son thinks he's Hulk... Wanna borrow him and either break his spirit or toughen him up?

:face-with-tears-of-joy:
There is a ranch in Texas that can turn a ranch hand into a cowboy. @Katrina71 and @Calmwaters can verify. Might want to look into sending him for summer camp there.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you put the meatloaf balls and roasted potatoes in a tortilla with stewed carrots and celery you've got an authentic taco from Mexico City.
I knew I could get the word taco in today ;)
I think I saw that on the Chinese app the government is trying to ban, Tic Taco.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be a HUGE influencer! I'm so influential that I influence influencers. I start recommending Stomatellas over here and Kevin orders some, then Jennifer orders some, then TSA does a video and mentions them and how great they are and now WWC does an Instagram video focusing on Stomatellas.
@Katrina71 did the same thing with tailspot blennies!
51886ACA-B015-42DE-B25D-2D52CE5AC519.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back