20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Is this why I see their future posts as tomorrow? Or are able to set up to send messages tomorrow?
Although they get are post in real time they are getting them tomorrow. If it is is January 5th here it is currently January 6th there.
 
Those are biscuits.
Lots of biscuits....
Lots of delicious looking biscuits! I would have to have one with honey and butter, one with heavy, and one with peanut butter, butter and jelly...
 
I’m down to 1% on my phone, if anyone wants my tank or livestock contact my wife at [email protected].
 
Am I right that occasionally the clean up crew members need to be replaced? I started out with a package from reef cleaners for 100 gallon tank but it doesn't seem like I have as many as I use to.
Yes, especially if you have blue legs hermit crabs, they kill another snails for bigger shells, And there are also those who don't turn around by themselves, and the one that die by natural causes, maybe there are more reasons lol but those are my principals
 
Am I right that occasionally the clean up crew members need to be replaced? I started out with a package from reef cleaners for 100 gallon tank but it doesn't seem like I have as many as I use to.
When I started my tank about 10 years ago, I bought 15 snails, 5 of each variety they had.
Bad with names but 5 were turbos.
I still have 3 turbos and 2 of the others, so,yes, replacement is common and I'm thinking of buying a few more but they have to be giant ones or they will be dinner.
 
Am I right that occasionally the clean up crew members need to be replaced? I started out with a package from reef cleaners for 100 gallon tank but it doesn't seem like I have as many as I use to.
Yes I bump mine every couple of years.
 
I can try to take better pictures later.

IMG_2366.jpeg IMG_2278.jpeg IMG_2276.jpeg
looks like it is all glued together...I would not use any kind of cutter that is going to put pressure on the plastic pipes and cause the pipes to expand the blade width as you cut. This could put pressure on the area where the pipe meets glass and crack the glass. From the looks of it it is going to be a slow process. I would use a hack saw blade and slowly cut as much off as you can to get stuff out of your way to the 3 bulk heads that go through the glass. If they do not unscrew, I would use a dremel tool with the round sandpaper attachment and slowly sand the inside of the bulk heads to weaken the inside which should then let them come off. I hope that makes sense.
 
Should I wait to add my new fish till i get more?

Can you see a physical difference between make and female?
I can't tell a difference. Go ahead and add them though. When they get larger, if they're both males they'll either pick separate territories or you'll want to re-home one of them.
 
Am I right that occasionally the clean up crew members need to be replaced? I started out with a package from reef cleaners for 100 gallon tank but it doesn't seem like I have as many as I use to.
Yes. They will die off naturally - some to predation, some to starving or disease, some to old age.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new