20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Probably a "sleepytime" tea. Over the last 2 weeks I worked 2 days, had 5 of for Christmas break, worked 2 days, had 5 off for new years :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: my sleep schedule is messed up bad lol
That sounds like a really rough schedule I hope the tea helps! If not and you have it on hand try a melatonin and a magnesium pill. The melatonin will help you fall asleep while the magnesium will help you stay asleep. My doctor told me about it and it works great and doesn't make you feel drugged up the next day.
 
That sounds like a really rough schedule I hope the tea helps! If not and you have it on hand try a melatonin and a magnesium pill. The melatonin will help you fall asleep while the magnesium will help you stay asleep. My doctor told me about it and it works great and doesn't make you feel drugged up the next day.
I got melatonin but no magnesium. I might have to pick some up!
 
Well maybe we aren't old but we just have an appreciation for the little things that make us happy.
My backs hurts with all the appreciation! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Potential stocking list:
2 clowns(Have)
2 bengali cardinalfish(Arilrive Friday let's hope they play noce)
1 Fox face
1 Starry blenny
1 Pyramid butterfly
1Sand sifting goby?
Wrasse the rest?

Thoughts? Order of acquisition suggestions? If I had everything on this list would more than one wrasse be an option? I have a 4' 120g tank.
Good list.
 
I don't even know if this would be considered a light, medium or heavy stocking list up until the wrasse.
I'd say light list.
Careful with the butterfly there's no true reef safe one.
Very fragile fishes in general.
Need good established live rock.
Maybe wait??
 
I'd say light list.
Careful with the butterfly there's no true reef safe one.
Very fragile fishes in general.
Need good established live rock.
Maybe wait??
Yea I'll put him middle of the list. Before the more aggressive but last of the peaceful fish
 
I'm off to bed everyone I hope you all have a good rest of the night and sleep well when the time comes!
Good Night Sleeping GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
Good night peanut, sleep tight!
 
I mean... worse case scenario, the blennies fight and I try and catch the tailspot and put the clowns and it in a smaller tank :thinking-face:
Yes I put my female in her own tank now she'll probably outlive me. ;)
 
Wouldn't the foxface control most of that or do you think both of them would be suitable? I know i'll have to feed seaweed sheets either way. I just donr knlw how much of abhurting these fish would put on the algae.
1 Foxface may not be enough algae eater for a 120. I had a Starry, Lawnmower, Tomini, Foxface, and Hector's Goby in my 125...
 
Updated, and improved stocking list. Thoughts? Especially thoughts about order of introduction?
2 clowns(have)
2 bengali cardinalfish(arrive Friday, let's hope they play nice)
1 Fox face
1 Starry blenny
1 Pyramid butterfly
1 Springeri damselfish
1 Halichoeres chrysus
1-2 Mccoskers flasher wrasse(single or male and female????)
1-2 Cirrhilabrus rubripinnis(single or male and female????)
1 Ctenochaetus truncatus(square tail bristle tooth tang)
Sand sifting goby?
Leapord wrasses when I'm confident I can keep an "expert only" fish alive lol
3 or 4 Springeri if you can swingeri it...?
 
Yea I'll put him middle of the list. Before the more aggressive but last of the peaceful fish
I am overstocked at 3 fish in my 100.
I also have no algae eaters,or lazy fish that only want real food.
 
3 or 4 Springeri if you can swingeri it...?
Oh jeez! At like 20$ a fish your really pushing it :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new