20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
The reef flux i ordered to help get rid of the GHA was delivered today. Do I dose it like it say on the package since I'm not treating fish just trying to kill algea?
I would dose no more than the dose for 100 gallons.
 
The reef flux i ordered to help get rid of the GHA was delivered today. Do I dose it like it say on the package since I'm not treating fish just trying to kill algea?
Sorry if someone already answered this, I’ve got the first 5 minute break of the afternoon. Both times I used it I used the full amount taking in mind water displacement. No ill effect to any of my inhabitants. It’s ingredient is actually an anti fungal but it breaks down the algae’s cellular integrity. With gha I didn’t notice it working for about a week.
 
could you guys give me a hand here? im truly curious. i gave some replies to a person that stated that they buy then return generators when they think the power might go out. i tried my best to be polite and nice and not offend. just wanted to point out that wasnt a great idea. my posts were deleted. what am i missing? obviously you are not supposed to do that. are there some rules somewhere i missed? i read the family friendly rules.
 
Sorry if someone already answered this, I’ve got the first 5 minute break of the afternoon. Both times I used it I used the full amount taking in mind water displacement. No ill effect to any of my inhabitants. It’s ingredient is actually an anti fungal but it breaks down the algae’s cellular integrity. With gha I didn’t notice it working for about a week.
Ok I put in enough for 100 gallons do you think that's enough to cover tank and sump?
 
could you guys give me a hand here? im truly curious. i gave some replies to a person that stated that they buy then return generators when they think the power might go out. i tried my best to be polite and nice and not offend. just wanted to point out that wasnt a great idea. my posts were deleted. what am i missing? obviously you are not supposed to do that. are there some rules somewhere i missed? i read the family friendly rules.
Here in R2R?
 
Ok I put in enough for 100 gallons do you think that's enough to cover tank and sump?
That's what I calculated my 135+30 sump to be after rock and sand displacement - 100 gallons. I believe your sump is a 40 so basically equal.
 
I think if they use the generator and return it then they are wrong, if they buy it and don't use it then I don't think it's wrong. But I don't know why your post was deleted.
 
That's what I calculated my 135+30 sump to be after rock and sand displacement - 100 gallons. I believe your sump is a 40 so basically equal.
Awesome thank you!
 
could you guys give me a hand here? im truly curious. i gave some replies to a person that stated that they buy then return generators when they think the power might go out. i tried my best to be polite and nice and not offend. just wanted to point out that wasnt a great idea. my posts were deleted. what am i missing? obviously you are not supposed to do that. are there some rules somewhere i missed? i read the family friendly rules.
Not sure why deleted but people do that all the time at HD. Snowblowers too. I worked there a long time ago and they even returned Sears lawn mowers and they would accept them.
 
But it is just not fair, so this is a forum or not? If you give your opinion and someone criticizes or give their point of view, you have to put up with the comments whether you like them or not. ( without disrespecting another person ) Buying a generator to use when the electricity goes out and returning it when it comes back is definitely WRONG, at least I hope they deleted that comment too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new