20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Sad morning here, something killed Yellow (canary) and the bad thing is that I don't know what it was, but I'll find out and that day will be his last. Now I have to see what I tell Jason because he is the one who gave him food and water and came to the patio every day.
 
Anyone think a puffer would eat a zoo? was thinking of putting an inexpensive one in to see what happens then maybe get a nice one if he leaves it alone. would love to have a torch or two but thats an expensive experiment. How about a candelabra? Would like to add something in there but in the end maybe I'll request one of Kev's plastic corals he's been pushing :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
or its clean off the GHA in the cube and keep that just for some coral. I did see one of the stars out but left him for now. usually just a couple legs but he was cruising.

IMG_5008.jpeg
 
Sad morning here, something killed Yellow (canary) and the bad thing is that I don't know what it was, but I'll find out and that day will be his last. Now I have to see what I tell Jason because he is the one who gave him food and water and came to the patio every day.
So sorry Luis!
 
Anyone think a puffer would eat a zoo? was thinking of putting an inexpensive one in to see what happens then maybe get a nice one if he leaves it alone. would love to have a torch or two but thats an expensive experiment. How about a candelabra? Would like to add something in there but in the end maybe I'll request one of Kev's plastic corals he's been pushing :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
or its clean off the GHA in the cube and keep that just for some coral. I did see one of the stars out but left him for now. usually just a couple legs but he was cruising.

IMG_5008.jpeg
I have read that they eat more acroporas and CUC, I don't know about softies and lps, let me read a little more to see if I can find something.
 
Sad morning here, something killed Yellow (canary) and the bad thing is that I don't know what it was, but I'll find out and that day will be his last. Now I have to see what I tell Jason because he is the one who gave him food and water and came to the patio every day.
So sorry for your loss Luis!
 
Que the food prep
IMG_5130.jpeg
Funny I haven’t been here in a couple of days but the first thing I see when I come back makes me hungry. You guys get me every time with these food pictures…
I guess I should post one too…..lol
IMG_0763.jpeg
 
Funny I haven’t been here in a couple of days but the first thing I see when I come back makes me hungry. You guys get me every time with these food pictures…
I guess I should post one too…..lol
IMG_0763.jpeg
Wow, that cut of meat is smoking!!!!! I was imagining what that would taste like and my mouth started watering.
 
Woke up and it was snowing again. I asked my wife if she could remember the last day that it wasn’t snowing, because I couldn’t and she said no. I miss El Niño, I want him to come back and become a permanent Ohio citizen.
A89713D2-6EF8-411F-B991-252E4086E148.png
 
Woke up and it was snowing again. I asked my wife if she could remember the last day that it wasn’t snowing, because I couldn’t and she said no. I miss El Niño, I want him to come back and become a permanent Ohio citizen.
A89713D2-6EF8-411F-B991-252E4086E148.png
Meanwhile I just wish we could get our old winters back with lots of cold and snow so I can go ice fishing and snowmobile lol
 
Funny I haven’t been here in a couple of days but the first thing I see when I come back makes me hungry. You guys get me every time with these food pictures…
I guess I should post one too…..lol
IMG_0763.jpeg
Great, that looks like tomorrows night dinner.
 
Woke up and it was snowing again. I asked my wife if she could remember the last day that it wasn’t snowing, because I couldn’t and she said no. I miss El Niño, I want him to come back and become a permanent Ohio citizen.
A89713D2-6EF8-411F-B991-252E4086E148.png
We might get heavy snow from 3 to 6 inches here from Friday morning into Saturday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new