20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Can someone tell me what this coral is called? I can't remember but I love the feeding reaction it has.
1000007697.jpg
In addition to what Luis wrote, if you're googling for it, it is also listed sometimes as cinnamon grandis paly (or palythoa). Sometimes just brown grandis paly, but nobody likes that.
 
Grand Cinnamon Palythoa
Thank you! The picture is when I first got it it's grown pretty good fit me the cap is as big around as the little cup it's in.
 
In addition to what Luis wrote, if you're googling for it, it is also listed sometimes as cinnamon grandis paly (or palythoa). Sometimes just brown grandis paly, but nobody likes that.
I had to go to Google because I thought Cinnamon Grandis Paly was the one I have but I saw that there are many that say cinnamon grandis lol
 
Can someone tell me what this coral is called? I can't remember but I love the feeding reaction it has.
1000007697.jpg
It looks like a sunken in Reeses cup
 
So I snagged some pretty cool acans for a decent price. Does anyone have any tips for long term success, that has kept acans?
I keep the standard parameters, my nitrates stay between 8 and 12, phosphates at .02-.04. I have some low light and medium light areas available.

They don't ship until next week due to weather.
 
So I snagged some pretty cool acans for a decent price. Does anyone have any tips for long term success, that has kept acans?
I keep the standard parameters, my nitrates stay between 8 and 12, phosphates at .02-.04. I have some low light and medium light areas available.

They don't ship until next week due to weather.
Best advice I can give is don’t set them to close to your Raja Rampage Chalice! Dang, thing took out two of my colonies! Low light and mine did well low at the base of my rock work.
 
How will I know if the GHA is starting to die? Does it turn white like black beard algea in the freshwater world?
It will lighten up to a light grey, won’t see it start for about a week.
 
It will lighten up to a light grey, won’t see it start for about a week.
Thank you! After it turns gray will it eventually go away or well I have to pull it off?
 
So I snagged some pretty cool acans for a decent price. Does anyone have any tips for long term success, that has kept acans?
I keep the standard parameters, my nitrates stay between 8 and 12, phosphates at .02-.04. I have some low light and medium light areas available.

They don't ship until next week due to weather.
Medium flow, low light, The one I have was once dying and I even put it in the shade where it only got light through reflection.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new