20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I think store credit usually but sometimes he offers to send replacements.
Im hoping for replacements but USPS better not mess up this time
 
Ok so the stupid girl from the post office did not deliver my package from reef cleaners like she said and instead it is at the post office and I have no way of getting it. They are going to deliver it tomorrow instead. I am so fed up with them! The lady that I spoke with at the post office said the box didn't have anything written on it saying it was live animals so apparently they didn't think it was a big deal for it to wait until another day. I even arrang for my son to be home to receive the package but he doesn't have a license so he can't go to the post office for me.
 
Ok so the stupid girl from the post office did not deliver my package from reef cleaners like she said and instead it is at the post office and I have no way of getting it. They are going to deliver it tomorrow instead. I am so fed up with them! The lady that I spoke with at the post office said the box didn't have anything written on it saying it was live animals so apparently they didn't think it was a big deal for it to wait until another day. I even arrang for my son to be home to receive the package but he doesn't have a license so he can't go to the post office for me.
They have been in the mail since Monday I doubt they are going to make it... :crying-face:
 
1000001361.jpg
1000001360.jpg
1000001359.jpg

Death toll

Ok so the stupid girl from the post office did not deliver my package from reef cleaners like she said and instead it is at the post office and I have no way of getting it. They are going to deliver it tomorrow instead. I am so fed up with them! The lady that I spoke with at the post office said the box didn't have anything written on it saying it was live animals so apparently they didn't think it was a big deal for it to wait until another day. I even arrang for my son to be home to receive the package but he doesn't have a license so he can't go to the post office for me.
I'm sorry you two are going through this. That has always been my fear for buying fish or corals online.
 
I'm sorry you two are going through this. That has always been my fear for buying fish or corals online.
The USPS system has always been BS. United States seriously needs to fix their mail system. If it were up to me I'd make a whole new system for living things
 
I understand the frustrations with this. I get frustrated when stuff arrives dead. However, we also have to remember that if we don't pay the extra for overnight (I never do) we're allowing the USPS or UPS or FedEx some allowance with our packages. What really bothers me is when I pay extra for overnight/next day delivery and they let it sit for 2 days without touching it.
 
I understand the frustrations with this. I get frustrated when stuff arrives dead. However, we also have to remember that if we don't pay the extra for overnight (I never do) we're allowing the USPS or UPS or FedEx some allowance with our packages. What really bothers me is when I pay extra for overnight/next day delivery and they let it sit for 2 days without touching it.
True
 
Dwarf ceriths are all moving surprisingly available to be seen. Hermit's barely moving some haven't even come out, turbos still in one spot, Florida ceriths haven't moved.
 
Yeah they did bags were moist but I'm pretty sure one of my emerald crabs is dead or both.
the crabs and shrimp will go almost dormant and look dead. they come around when they warm up. I'd do that first in an isolation box or something first or just drop them in and fish them out if they are not moving after an hour or 2.
 
the crabs and shrimp will go almost dormant and look dead. they come around when they warm up. I'd do that first in an isolation box or something first or just drop them in and fish them out if they are not moving after an hour or 2.
Interesting. Guessing it's the same for snails? What if snails don't move for a few days
 
Interesting. Guessing it's the same for snails? What if snails don't move for a few days
no. that's for crabs and shrimp. They look dead in the cold. Snails will stink if they are dead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new