20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I grew up with Anne Murray's version. I was taking voice lessons at one point and we were singing this song. Our instructor told us he thought the Monkees version would be too "rock" for us. This is the first time I've listened to them all the way through and in terms of genre I can barely tell the difference.




The "Head" album by the monkees is awesome, super psychedelic
 
20250208_135959.jpg
I'm in love :star-struck:
Walker do you have just one? I've wanted to add one more fish, I just didn't know how well they did alone. It's between this or possum wrasse. That fish is beautiful
 
I think I really want another Octo. Really was rewarding.
Go for it lol? I would like one in the future, I've always been interested in them, one of my tattoos has tentacles
1000064984.jpg
 
Been home about 15 minutes so far I think my reef cleaners order might be ok. They are acclimating right now and I am going to put them in the timeout/acclimation box so I can keep an eye on them for the next 24 hours or so. I am in love with the cute little pompom crab already and I'm glad it made it. It is very tiny though so I am extra tempted to setup a pico for it to live in with some rocks and sand from my tank. Do you guys think it would be ok if I did?
 
Walker do you have just one? I've wanted to add one more fish, I just didn't know how well they did alone. It's between this or possum wrasse. That fish is beautiful
Yup, I only picked up one. I'm still deciding if eventually I should add more or not, but from what I've read is that they can be kept alone.
 
Listen up Smorgs!!
Popa Smorg is back home in Smorgville!
Yay Smorgs!
But Popa Smorg lost his Smorgy salt sucking Smorgoats and he needs your help finding them!
There are two of them one is Green and the other is White!!
He’s so sad Popa Smorgs tummy is hurting him and he’s been stuck on Smorgoilet all day.
He needs you Smorgs to go to smorgborg mountain find his salt sucking Smorgoats and get him some purple sniffuflguss flowers for his poor Smorgy tummy.
Now Run little Smorgs and go just be careful of the evil Bryopsis troll with his evil Smorgcat Aptasia!
They’ll hurt you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new