20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
GAC? Well your phosphate is getting much better but it’s not the only contributing factor. My phosphate has been running at .25 for as long as I can remember. Parker is a year older than you and was on here all the time this time last year asking the same questions you’ve been asking. He came out the other side, you will to, and look how beautiful his tank is.
FE1B632B-15E3-47A4-8CF1-BC80CAD58167.jpeg
Alright I'll keep it in mind. I'm inspired by you all but this is so ridiculous. No matter how much I buy or add it won't ever stop coming. Hopefully when I get this sea hare and Hanna testers I can seriously start to manage it better. And my parents have started complaining again about the tank etc.
 
GAC is carbon. Granular (Granulated) Activated Carbon.
Ah, you silly kids, for decades I just called it activated carbon for the past couple of decades. Next thing I know your going to tell me lfs means local fish store. ;) I do know what OMG means though.
 
Ah, you silly kids, for decades I just called it activated carbon for the past couple of decades. Next thing I know your going to tell me lfs means local fish store. ;) I do know what OMG means though.
I got it from Randy Holmes
 
Ah, you silly kids, for decades I just called it activated carbon for the past couple of decades. Next thing I know your going to tell me lfs means local fish store. ;) I do know what OMG means though.
LFS means Let's Fly Something... What are you thinking????
 
LFS means Let's Fly Something... What are you thinking????
This is so confusing and embarrassing for the elder on this thread!
 
With the last beer you listed you’ve suddenly become the most interesting person on the Smorgasbord! ;)
It goes amazing with Mexican food and is best on tap but good from a bottle as well.
 
IMG_1748.jpeg
Anyone cooking up some good stuff for tomorrow’s special event…….
What do we have cooking, chili or sloppy Joe? Where are you at in PA, I’m on the Western border of PA.
 
Dogfood. I was talking about the puppy bowl
The puppy bowl will probably be more entertaining than the actual Super Bowl unless you’re a Eagles fan.
 
What do we have cooking, chili or sloppy Joe? Where are you at in PA, I’m on the Western border of PA.
Just outside of Philadelphia 20 mins from “the plane crash”
 
Just outside of Philadelphia 20 mins from “the plane crash”
I said it before but I’ll be a Eagles fan tomorrow as I’m sick of seeing the annoying blond girl!
 
I said it before but I’ll be an Eagles fan tomorrow as I’m sick of seeing the annoying blond girl!
Agreed not much of a eagles fan or football for that matter but I was recently doing renovations for one of the minority owners and well I got some free tickets in the owners box and fell “apart of it” I guess
 
I’ll match your chili!
0EA1DD94-753B-4E77-A907-960AA48B8F7B.jpeg
Is the celery in your chilli I won’t judge just never seen that before we take our chilli very seriously and my father in law thinks beans don’t belong in chilli so I have to make a special batch for him
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new