20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
What's up everybody. I went to catch up and everyone made me hungry. I don't care much about the game tomorrow but we're doing bacon wrapped sea scallops and fresh gulf oysters.
 
Really? I love lots of kinds of squash especially acorn squash cut up in soup or crooked neck squash sliced and breaded lightly in cornmeal and then fried...
Yes. Acorn was always a favorite. Halved, baked with a pool of butter initially lined with a boat with sugar and cinnamon. Crooked I just did steamed with pad of butter and salt/pepper or thick sliced grilled with olive oil and salt.
 
What's up everybody. I went to catch up and everyone made me hungry. I don't care much about the game tomorrow but we're doing bacon wrapped sea scallops and fresh gulf oysters.
I ate 1/2 pound of bacon for breakfast. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
All you guys talking about squash and there's no vomit emoji.

I eat spaghetti squash when my daughter makes it and butternut baked with butter and brown sugar and cinnamon.

I don't enjoy yellow, I don't enjoy green, I don't enjoy cucumber, I don't enjoy zucchini. Acorn works on occasion if it's cooked right.

I used to grow eightball, yellow straightneck, yellow crookneck, zukes, and cukes.
 
I don't know if you have this one near you but it's what I used and it was really good.
Screenshot_20250208_210216_Food Lion.jpg
Oooo kielbasa!!!! Love that sausage there’s a place here old world polish kielbasa once you have it you will never eat the store brands again , Pretty good with scrambled eggs also
 
Kev. Try my Delicata recipe. Slice 1/4” rings, remove seeds, spray both sides with coconut oil, salt, and lay on aluminum foiled baking pan. Broil till lightly brown, flip, broil till brown and serve immediately . Skin is edible. Delicata is about 3”x6” yellow footballs with green stripes.
 
Oooo kielbasa!!!! Love that sausage there’s a place here old world polish kielbasa once you have it you will never eat the store brands again , Pretty good with scrambled eggs also
It's also really good on the grill or with red beans and rice...
 
Ok guys now that I'm all caught up is time for me to go to bed and get behind again. Lol hugs to you all and enjoy the rest of the night.
Good night peanut, sleep tight!
 
I’ll keep an eye out in stores
Most places don't carry it year round but some do for New Years. We are lucky we have a local store that has it pretty much year round.
 
Wow yeah ours is a lot simpler

6lbs Ground chuck
2lbs hot breakfast sausage (smoked for 1 hour befor added to pot)
2 onions
2 bell peppers
6 green chilles
6 charred jalapeños diced seeds and all
8oz chilli seasoning and spices (family secret)
4 cans crushed tomatoes
2 cans tomato paste
Kidney beans soaked overnight in water and jack Daniels (don’t ask) and it cooks for 4 hours on low and must be refrigerated and from the day before then re heated before serving (believe it or not this changes the entire flavor)
Yeah buddy this one's going in the cookbook for sure!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new