20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Curious to get everyone’s opinion. I have an older tank, bought used in 2023 (I don’t know just how old it is) - I am starting to see a lot of salt creep on the bottom trim by the corners. Could this be the beginning of a much bigger issue?

For context, I haven’t been in the tank in 3 days and when I do I make sure to wipe up any water that drips.

The picture is just now after I wiped up the salt creep. Part of me is wondering if somehow there’s splashing but I don’t see any water on the top trim.

image.jpg
My old rimmed 135 did that as well. I'm not sure if it's from a slow leaking seam or if it's just from water that wicker into the trim and slowly had some salt creep as it dried. It never became a problem for me, I just tried to keep it wiped as often as possible.
 
Curious to get everyone’s opinion. I have an older tank, bought used in 2023 (I don’t know just how old it is) - I am starting to see a lot of salt creep on the bottom trim by the corners. Could this be the beginning of a much bigger issue?

For context, I haven’t been in the tank in 3 days and when I do I make sure to wipe up any water that drips.

The picture is just now after I wiped up the salt creep. Part of me is wondering if somehow there’s splashing but I don’t see any water on the top trim.

image.jpg
Does your Tank have a lid? One that possibly goes over the edge?
 
I am just at a loss to why I can't seem to get rid of it. All the corals seem to be happy and growing at least.
It's a pain admittedly.
Remove some manually.
As long as everything is happy just do things slowly.
Phosgaurd is expensive and exhausts quickly.
Fine if you want to take it down once in a while.
 
Good morning all,

Never did before some top to bottom pics.

@*GAREEF* share some of yours. It will be eyes candy :star-struck: to me.
Absolutely beautiful Remi! You need to share pictures more often.
 
My old rimmed 135 did that as well. I'm not sure if it's from a slow leaking seam or if it's just from water that wicker into the trim and slowly had some salt creep as it dried. It never became a problem for me, I just tried to keep it wiped as often as possible.
My old 75 did that too.
 
Just saw one hermit trying to steal the shell of the other hermit. He didn't arrive and was with no shell, all naked and lost. So I found his shell and hold it so he can go back inside.
Yeah hermits battle it out sometimes check out mine a few weeks ago he lost the battle!
 
Last edited:
Curious to get everyone’s opinion. I have an older tank, bought used in 2023 (I don’t know just how old it is) - I am starting to see a lot of salt creep on the bottom trim by the corners. Could this be the beginning of a much bigger issue?

For context, I haven’t been in the tank in 3 days and when I do I make sure to wipe up any water that drips.

The picture is just now after I wiped up the salt creep. Part of me is wondering if somehow there’s splashing but I don’t see any water on the top trim.

image.jpg
It will need to be re siliconed
 
Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement and support.
Today is turning out great Jen and I are out and about but I want to share our little garden and current weather…
IMG_1611.jpeg
 
Last edited:
This one's only 7 months old, Luis. Let me make sure I'm any good at this first lol
I only had my biocube 10 month lol, @WalkerLovesTheOcean was around there too, if you're not doing anything right then I don't know what you're doing lol, I think it seems like you're doing something right because what you have cannot be achieved without doing things right ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new