20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Never been there. Which one is this???
That's AZ Reef Monster. Really nice couple. Their dogs (they got the second one recently) are usually behind the counter. They're a little high on dry goods but middle of the road on livestock. Not the biggest selection of fish but almost always good healthy coral. Only problem is they tend to use the new-fangled names for their fish. I usually just point if I want a fish. I actually get most of my fish at Aquarium Arts now--not something I would have said 15 years ago.
 
@luis angel days like today make me feel like you picked the right area to get into the trades :face-with-tears-of-joy: spent half the day trudging through knee high snow tracing wires for pole lights that aren't working.
My day was today in a warehouse assembling some units, the irony of my job is that when the air conditioning starts working we are already gone hahaha
1000131740.gif
 
My day was today in a warehouse assembling some units, the irony of my job is that when the air conditioning starts working we are already gone hahaha
1000131740.gif
I'm totally afraid of heights.
Totally....
 
My day was today in a warehouse assembling some units, the irony of my job is that when the air conditioning starts working we are already gone hahaha
1000131740.gif
1000132154.jpg
 
My best friend and I went twice a week off the coast in California for about 10 years.
Can't say I miss everything about California but that I definitely miss.
Think I left part of my soul out there somewhere....
I completely understand what you're saying Joel. And I can relate to that. You're a kind hearted and thoughtful person. You definitely brought that back with you.

I think, I hope... everytime we lose something in this life, we replace it with someone or something we need even more.
 
That's awesone, there are so many regulations for that fish here, is it the same there?
No regulations at all! I grew up on the Gulf of whatever it's called these days, and have never even heard of snook being caught here. A population would probably have to be established before it is regulated. It's almost like a fantasy fish over here.
 
Speaking of that, I also discovered why I love beer so much, it's part of me too :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:
20170109_115341.jpg
I don't blame you Luis! Those guys look like awesome beer drinking buddies.
 
with me saying "please don't move the needle, please don't move the needle". but I made it through just fine. no crying! just surprised the nurse allowed that.
I mean, the nurse was practicing medicine, why not your kid?
 
That's AZ Reef Monster. Really nice couple. Their dogs (they got the second one recently) are usually behind the counter. They're a little high on dry goods but middle of the road on livestock. Not the biggest selection of fish but almost always good healthy coral. Only problem is they tend to use the new-fangled names for their fish. I usually just point if I want a fish. I actually get most of my fish at Aquarium Arts now--not something I would have said 15 years ago.
They don't post their sales anymore so it's hard for me to justify the drive to Aquarium Arts. LE has great prices and I really love that they QT everything for 2 weeks.
 
My last turbo snail is doing great and actually moved across the tank. I think he's fully recovered. Conch disappeared most likely under the sand or rock, and the urchin has moved on rocks and glass, I placed him on the rocks just now hoping he will get to work!
My conch disappears for days at a time. I would handle the urchin too much. Good work buddy
 
My day was today in a warehouse assembling some units, the irony of my job is that when the air conditioning starts working we are already gone hahaha
1000131740.gif
I feel that haha. I don't work on pole lights until it gets dark early then I'm outside in a boom lift in -10°f weather changing pole heads all day lol
 
I completely understand what you're saying Joel. And I can relate to that. You're a kind hearted and thoughtful person. You definitely brought that back with you.

I think, I hope... everytime we lose something in this life, we replace it with someone or something we need even more.
I lost my brother in October and my reef tank and this community helped me to stop going down that dark hole every night when I got home from work.. I got my tank going and kind of lost it through the whole ordeal and it was like, as soon as I needed it, this whole other world was there waiting for me. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
First picture:
It's got legs and knows how to use them...
Second picture:
Time to unwind from the day...
 

Attachments

  • 20250211_181629.jpg
    20250211_181629.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 25
  • 20250211_181712.jpg
    20250211_181712.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 28
I mean, the nurse was practicing medicine, why not your kid?
We might as well practice too! You got any left over boiling water syringes? Let's start a blood bank :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
My day was today in a warehouse assembling some units, the irony of my job is that when the air conditioning starts working we are already gone hahaha
1000131740.gif
we have lots of air-conditioning here. Just open the doors. Want some? I'd rather have some heat right now.
 
They don't post their sales anymore so it's hard for me to justify the drive to Aquarium Arts. LE has great prices and I really love that they QT everything for 2 weeks.
I don't have anything remotely that professional to QT fish or even hold them for awhile before selling
 
I lost my brother in October and my reef tank and this community helped me to stop going down that dark hole every night when I got home from work.. I got my tank going and kind of lost it through the whole ordeal and it was like, as soon as I needed it, this whole other world was there waiting for me. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
We are so glad you found us!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new