20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
More than 20 years ago I think it refers
Not judging his wife. It sounded like it was somehow facility policy. That's what surprises me.
 
Not judging his wife. It sounded like it was somehow facility policy. That's what surprises me.
Yes I know you not judging, but I imagine that medicine 20 or 30 years ago was something different maybe
 
At that time I didn't have the foxface but I did have the tomini, Jojo has one I think, I don't know if Tim has one too.
Nope, no Cleaner Wrasses in my tank. I've heard they can become terrors. I have a Cleaner Goby. Will likely get a second.
 
Unless they stick themselves?!?!
Where I work sticking yourself is considered extremely bad practice
Maybe I'm misunderstanding
He means if you accidentally stick yourself with a patient's used needle you can test the patient to see what you were potentially exposed to.
 
He means if you accidentally stick yourself with a patient's used needle you can test the patient to see what you were potentially exposed to.
Oh, of course! Oh my gosh. I must be tired, or distracted ot something.
 
Hey guys. Sorry took me awhile to catch up. I had school. Thanks for the welcome. I hope to have some fun with this thread especially when I get a tank hooked up to my Dad's system. Hoping to have a 40 gallon Predator tank with a Zebra Dwarf lion fish and a Frog fish
 
Hey guys. Sorry took me awhile to catch up. I had school. Thanks for the welcome. I hope to have some fun with this thread especially when I get a tank hooked up to my Dad's system. Hoping to have a 40 gallon Predator tank with a Zebra Dwarf lion fish and a Frog fish
A couple of years ago my dad had a predator tank, when he went on vacation I had a lot of fun feeding that tank, nice to meet you my name is Luis
 
A couple of years ago my dad had a predator tank, when he went on vacation I had a lot of fun feeding that tank, nice to meet you my name is Luis
any missing people we should know about?
 
Unless they stick themselves?!?!
Where I work sticking yourself is considered extremely bad practice
Maybe I'm misunderstanding
After using it on a patient she was disposing it and accidentally it pricked her finger.
 
Yeah Walker no reason to kill it if you're not going to eat it or give it to someone, exactly right. If I have all the fish I need but want to keep fishing, I like to clean em and give them to the older folks.
I never got mine John, what the heck!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new