10 gallon fishes

LordJoshaeus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My sister currently has a wheeler's shrimp goby and a pistol shrimp in a 5 gallon; however, we are planning to upgrade to a 10 gallon in the future, and my sister is interested in getting another fish for the 10 gallon sometime after we upgrade it. Have any suggestions? To help narrow it down, the tank also has (and will still have in its 10 gallon incarnation) gorgonians and macroalgae. Nitrates and phosphates are zero. Thanks!

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just me but if I were going to upgrade I would seek at least a 20 gallon Long as it will offer much more of an upgrade for you (ie more fish, quite a few more types of fish that you could add). That said, if the 10 gallon is set in stone then here are your options:

Firefish
Possum Wrasse

The Possum Wrasse would arguably be the most interesting addition to the tank as they aren't nearly as common as a Firefish. The only other options are Gobies, but if you already have one then it might be best not to add another.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, most gobies will do well, neon gobies are active and fun. However if not paired they will fight. Masked gobies are fun, clown gobies are fun. Any of those little gobies are cool. Jester court, green head, etc.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back