10 Gallon (Pico) Tank Build

slee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Messages
49
Reaction score
25
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R,

I’m going to show the progression (from when it first cycled) my tank took to get to where its at! Pictures will be provided and any comments/tips are always appreciated.

Cheers!

AA0D469F-9E4F-406D-AADA-7F59E17FEC67.jpeg
 
This was the first group that went into the tank. 1 branching hammer, two tiny clownfish, xenias, florida ricordea, mushroom, hermits, and a turbo snail.

Looking back I liked the single rock cause of the simplistic look it had, but eventually added more rock for additional filtration.
 
Following!
 
I tried adding some SPS to the tank as a trial test with the risk that I may not succeed. I added a cali tort, staghorn, and monti cap but unfortunately the monti cap is the only survivor to this day . I also added a fire and ice zoa the local reefer gave me that has been doing really well.

You can see the cali tort starting to bleach at the base that slowly took over the whole guy... After this experience I decide to stick to LPS only and leave rhe SPS to the pros!

8381932A-5F84-4910-A36C-B8810E7D144E.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new