120 Build

mizzoumed02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2010
Messages
159
Reaction score
16
Location
St Louis. Mo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, This tank is currently around a year and a half old, but I don't have a build thread on R2R so I decided to post some old pictures of the build. So lets see, where to start. The tank is a 120 RR with dural overflows. The stand and canopy were build by a friend of mine. I made the sump out of a 40 Breeder. Skimmer is a Octo extreme 250, Return pump is a Mag23. PM1 Calcium reactor, 3L Zeovit reactor, JBJ auto top off, JBJ 1/4 chiller, 2 250 Ice Cap ballast with 20K XM's, ARO 660 Ballast running 2 454 VHO's. When I first set up the tank, I was using two K4's for flow, I've not got two MP40's + the 2 K4's also.
IMG_3336.jpg
IMG_3337.jpg
IMG_3339.jpg
IMG_3340.jpg
IMG_3338.jpg


Since this tank was started out as a 100% Zeovit, it just has a shallow sand bed and approximately 90lb of rock.
 
Ok, so the next few pictures are with the light on and of the sump after it's been running for a few weeks. Please, PLEASE, don't be to hateful about my electrical mess. Believe it or not, I can tell you what everything goes to and what every plug is on the power strips. This is what happens when you try to cram an entire system under a 4ft stand.
IMG_3347.jpg
IMG_3346.jpg
IMG_3349.jpg
IMG_3350.jpg
IMG_3348.jpg
 
As far as the maintenance goes...
VHO's come on at 12:30 - 15:00 Then 22:00 - 00:00
MH come on 14:00 - 22:30
MP 40's are on a variable cycle.
Fish are fed twice a day
Coral Fed once every other day

Once a week, 20 gal water change is done, skimmer is cleaned out.
Filter sock changed every 3 days.
Carbon reactor cleaned and refilled weekly.

VHO's changed every 8 months.
MH's changed every 6 months.
 
Last edited:
Looking great! I just set up a 120g myself and I really love it! How do you like that skimmer? I only have a NW150 on mine and I need to upgrade.
 
Here's a few quick pictures I took the other day. I'll work on getting some better ones in the next few days.


IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg
IMG_0699.jpg
 
So I thought I would add a few pictures I tired to take of a few of my corals earlier today! Take a look and let me know what you think. These pictures were taken about a hour after the light came on today!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 135

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new