120g mixed reef build

Reef2Land

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually really surprised to hear any of this about any Leviathan sump. We started carrying them because of the build quality, and we're the only retailer in the nation that carries them. The owner is a great guy. In the event a rare issue pops up we'll be emailing each other, me and the owner, at 1 am. They invested a ton to start CNC laser cutting them as well. We looked at these things and saw the 1/4" laser cutting, double welded seams, cord holders, how easy they are to clean, etc. and for the price point we were kinda amazed. Plus they're made in the USA. We couldn't find a single downside. If you run into any more issues with your sump message us as well as Leviathan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having issues with corals struggling lately, come to find out that my calibration fluid for my refractometer went bad and my tanks salinity is at 1.030 ‍♂️

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to win a Tunze skimmer because they are simply the best!

0EF5BBD6-75F6-4E35-BD5C-0C4CF74E24C4.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals are all happy to be at the correct salinity. Glad that I was able to figure out the problem. Thinking about my next fish, I’ve tried to get a flasher wrasse several times now with no success. Trying to convince myself for one final try.

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity has stabilized and everything seems to be perking up. Really hoping to see some growth and color return.

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano outbreak . Tried turning the lights off for 3 days, moved the flow around, stabilized my feeding routine.... nothing. Picked up some chemiclean today and I’m hoping it will do the trick

tsav87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano outbreak . Tried turning the lights off for 3 days, moved the flow around, stabilized my feeding routine.... nothing. Picked up some chemiclean today and I’m hoping it will do the trick
Chemi clean did the trick for my outbreak. Just make sure you understand why there was an outbreak to begin with and don’t do it again. lol

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started target feeding reefroids to my RBTA about 4 weeks ago, It's gotten bigger and much more colorful. It looks like its positioning itself to split!

IMG_2023.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy birthday to me! Was treated to a fish store shopping spree, super excited for some new stuff. Especially this BEAUTIFUL torch.

4725BCB0-411A-42B5-99D4-453E5F15A1BD.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank maintenance day. Still struggling with cyano, Chemi clean cleared it up but it’s come back. I think my ph/alk swings might be causing it.

My ATO optic sensor gets covered with kalk residue, when I clear it up the .5g to 1g of kalk water that fills up is causing issues I think. I’m going to have to be more diligent about cleaning the optic sensor, and then filling the missing water with RO/DI instead of letting the ato catch up.

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The torch is struggling after about 2 weeks. Polyps are retracted and it just looks sad.
Readings are as follows:

Ph 8.2
AM 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Salinity 1.025
Alk kh 8.4
Ca 430
Mg 1480

I can’t figure out what’s going on. The only thing I can think of is flow. I’ve moved him to a higher flow area with hopes that makes a difference.

ChiefBones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch is doing similarly. Used to be big and bushy and very opaque, kind of a thick creamy white. Then I had a bad, sudden cyano bloom, and my emergency cleaning led him to tucking in tight. Thought he had died like my mushrooms did. Now he's slowly coming out to play a bit, and is a lot more colorful, has sort of a clear white with some purple accents.

Anyhow, I found this thread because I was searching for that exact sump you have. I just got a 125 gallon tank used off of a doctor's office, and I need a sump. Was gonna just use a 40 gallon tank, but I like this one. Problem is, I can't find a website for the manufacturer or anything. Just the amazon listing. You wouldn't happen to have a URL for me to look at would you?

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch is doing similarly. Used to be big and bushy and very opaque, kind of a thick creamy white. Then I had a bad, sudden cyano bloom, and my emergency cleaning led him to tucking in tight. Thought he had died like my mushrooms did. Now he's slowly coming out to play a bit, and is a lot more colorful, has sort of a clear white with some purple accents.

Anyhow, I found this thread because I was searching for that exact sump you have. I just got a 125 gallon tank used off of a doctor's office, and I need a sump. Was gonna just use a 40 gallon tank, but I like this one. Problem is, I can't find a website for the manufacturer or anything. Just the amazon listing. You wouldn't happen to have a URL for me to look at would you?

I was actually looking for their website last week and noticed it was offline. No idea what happened to it, or if they are even still in business.

OP
OP
ReefJCB

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to upgrade my powerheads to see if that would help with cyano and my struggling torch. Not sure if it was the flow or something else, but the torch is doing much better, still not 100% but definitely improving.

I know they are nothing fancy but I’m really enjoying these Jebaos. HUGE improvement from my $15 amazon powerheads.

68F2AEA8-EC2A-41F6-BBF4-AD0BA19BB28B.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back