125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

The old Water Bottle fish trap has been deployed in the 75. Hopefully I can catch the Hector's Goby or Cardinalfish and transfer them over soon!
 
Gl! I know the goby is small. No way to double net the cardinal?
Probably. They're slow enough. Pretty sure I can catch the Pajama with a net but the two Bangaii's tend to hide when I approach the tank.
 
Probably. They're slow enough. Pretty sure I can catch the Pajama with a net but the two Bangaii's tend to hide when I approach the tank.
No need to rush it. They probably know you are fishing. I'd let them relax and get used to you again before net attempts.
 
Nothing caught in the bottle yet. But the new pH probe came in today! Didn't have a chance to check it - haven't even opened the packaging yet. Trying to decide if I'm taking my daughter hunting for doves tomorrow...
 
Sitting here sweating wondering why it's so hot... My thermostat decided to turn off. Got all the way to 86. Jiggled the thing trying to check the battery and it turned on. It's only a year and a half old.
 
Sitting here sweating wondering why it's so hot... My thermostat decided to turn off. Got all the way to 86. Jiggled the thing trying to check the battery and it turned on. It's only a year and a half old.
thank goodness that was all it needed! do you have a chiller for any of your tanks?
 
thank goodness that was all it needed! do you have a chiller for any of your tanks?
Lots of surface agitation. My tanks run fairly cool to the point my heaters run even during the summer.
 
Well, still elevated but not as high as it had been. I was hitting over 14. The last check was over 12. They're coming down!
IMG_20220902_100655669.jpg
 
Changed the water in the rocks today. We're starting with a 7.08 pH. I'll check again tomorrow to see how fast it's rising now that we actually have a working pH meter.
 
I've been reading the JKR sale thread. Oy, things went south for his business.
It's been that way for the last couple of sales. It's been a little sad to see. His was the first and second sales I participated in and he was great!
 
Yup. I did 2 live sales with him. After seeing a decline in cs from his other customers. I kind of strayed away.

I've got enough coral. Anymore will require more dosing than I care for. Gotta let these pups grow up.
 
Yup. I did 2 live sales with him. After seeing a decline in cs from his other customers. I kind of strayed away.

I've got enough coral. Anymore will require more dosing than I care for. Gotta let these pups grow up.
All I have left from him after the magnet incident is a single tiny mouth of JF Top Fuel Favia and 3 small heads of JKR Golden Gate Galaxea. Stupid magnet.
 
I've got some Nuclear Ice Palys in the 5 gallon. Scared to move them over because they're on everything - sand and glass included!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new