Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But that’s all the money I have NOW if I did some work over summer and made more i can get cool fish
Noah, I chimed in a little at the beginning of this thread when you were looking for advice on starting up an Evo. I’ve been following along but have not responded because I couldn’t believe how many times your plans changed.
The above comment that I quoted has me a little concerned. PLEASE don’t just buy fish because they are “COOL”!
Once a fish ( or crab or snail or coral or whatever) goes home with you in a bag of water from the LFS, YOU are RESPONSIBLE for its life and it’s well being. You need to do research. Many different kinds of aquatic life are specialty feeders or require certain types of environments to survive. Most LFS’s will sell you something that you CANNOT PROPERLY CARE FOR Just to make a sale. One of the first things anyone should consider when acquiring any living creature as a pet is will they be able to PROPERLY care for it. Living things ARE NOT DISPOSABLE !
Please SLOW DOWN and DO RESEARCH!
Unfollowing.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eliot probably my favorite but also a fan of Dante yeats Whitman frost Donne and Ryan how about you?
As far as the classics, Yeats, Wilde, Proust, Plath, Sexton, Frost, Rilke, Lovecraft, Dante (my tastes are kind of all over the place). In terms of contemporary poetry, David Berman, Eileen Myles, Ocean Vuong, Leigh Stein, Rafael Campo.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For less than 90 bucks you can get a macro tank started that includes tank filter heater light and sand. I would recommend buying live rock like you suggested before it will put you ahead of the curve

So as this thread just about anything and everything.ha ha
I got a question/ idea.some have cheato or another kind of macro algae in sump and some have it on reverse times of main dt lighting to stop ph swings at night
So could you put several macro algaes in sump and add sand and make it look like this and have on reverse light schedule to main dt ?
Or would sandbed in sump just get to filthy or any other reason why dont do it ?
Apart from no point making sump look pretty as its out of sight ^_^

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For less than 90 bucks you can get a macro tank started that includes tank filter heater light and sand. I would recommend buying live rock like you suggested before it will put you ahead of the curve
Like this i mean

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210513-232219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210513-232219_Chrome.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah, I chimed in a little at the beginning of this thread when you were looking for advice on starting up an Evo. I’ve been following along but have not responded because I couldn’t believe how many times your plans changed.
The above comment that I quoted has me a little concerned. PLEASE don’t just buy fish because they are “COOL”!
Once a fish ( or crab or snail or coral or whatever) goes home with you in a bag of water from the LFS, YOU are RESPONSIBLE for its life and it’s well being. You need to do research. Many different kinds of aquatic life are specialty feeders or require certain types of environments to survive. Most LFS’s will sell you something that you CANNOT PROPERLY CARE FOR Just to make a sale. One of the first things anyone should consider when acquiring any living creature as a pet is will they be able to PROPERLY care for it. Living things ARE NOT DISPOSABLE !
Please SLOW DOWN and DO RESEARCH!
Unfollowing.
By cool fish they wouldn’t be hard to keep. I don’t think a fish that needs to have a 1000 gallon tank and love food is a cool fish. I’m gonna keep easy but cool fish and macros

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as this thread just about anything and everything.ha ha
I got a question/ idea.some have cheato or another kind of macro algae in sump and some have it on reverse times of main dt lighting to stop ph swings at night
So could you put several macro algaes in sump and add sand and make it look like this and have on reverse light schedule to main dt ?
Or would sandbed in sump just get to filthy or any other reason why dont do it ?
Apart from no point making sump look pretty as its out of sight ^_^
There won’t be a sump it’s basically just gonna be a tank rack

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Thespammailaccount do you know if led floods could work, idk about how bulbs next to wood would work
I am not sure I do not know too much about lighting all I know is that to grow macros you need a light that will grow plants like the one I posted

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure I do not know too much about lighting all I know is that to grow macros you need a light that will grow plants like the one I posted
Oh ok. I think I’m gonna stick with the lights you suggested for the 10g. I might upgrade to 2 of the, if I can’t get good growth but i think it should work

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 1 I’m gonna have a rock dominated tank (20 lb probably) then in the other I’m going to have a sea grass bed with only a little live rock. I can’t decide about stocking but because it’s 2 20 gallon tanks, I get lots of options

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back