13.5 evo coming up soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, it's lost its' humour value too. Shame. Oh well, it was a good run LOL !!
Yeah I'm there too. Went from trying to help the kid out, to having fun, now just apathetic.

200.gif

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copepods are expensive to dose monthly at 20 dollars a bottle. I had to do this for a red scooter dragonet. If you start a culture of copepods it will be cheaper. Even then, it will be hard to keep up with the amount of copepods mandarins eat a day.

Can't make up his mind about a tank, can't imaging the threads on what pods to culture and how.

If it wasn't for the shop class tables and backpacks in the pictures of the stand, I would swear he is a 41yr old troll.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guys tank is not great (and im being nice here). Corals dont look healthy
i think its a troll video tbh. one of the worst tanks ive seen personally. "rare aiptasia"? i thought aiptasia is one of those that reefers try to keep out of their tank because its so intrusive and whatnot. it was at that point, that i stopped even watching that

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think its a troll video tbh. one of the worst tanks ive seen personally. "rare aiptasia"? i thought aiptasia is one of those that reefers try to keep out of their tank because its so intrusive and whatnot. it was at that point, that i stopped even watching that
Didnt realize, i only needed a pic of the tank to see how bad everything was

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is a troll video too

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the most frequent questions asked by beginner hobbyists is “What tank size do in need for this fish?” Most people assume it is based on how large the fish grows to be. While for most fish this is this the case, for Mandarin dragonets it has to do with their diet. A Mandarin dragonet could easily live in a 20-gallon tank and have plenty of room, but it is not the actual fish you need room for. Copepods live in rocks and in the sand bed; the more sand bed and rocks you have the more copepods can live in your tank. A Mandarin dragonet can easily wipe out a whole population of copepods in a 20-gallon tank in a short amount of time. The reason you can not just feed more is that it will have a negative affect related to having too many nutrients. So unless you have a well-filtered tank, you do plenty of water changes, or dose pods often, Mandarin dragonets should only be in tanks 45 gallons or larger.

I am gonna dose pods do pretty frequent water changes and I will have a large refugium or hang on back filter
Noah!
Remember what I was saying last night (post #781) about “COOL FISH”?
Now you’re talking about Mandarins? The ultimate “specialty feeder”?
Dude, there are sooooo many seasoned Reefers here to help you be successful and it’s like talking to a brick wall.
I tried to “un-watch“ this thread but I can’t help but to keep coming back to see what “today’s plan” is.
It like driving past a bad car crash. You just can’t “not look”!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys! Guys! I've got it figured out! I'm going to have a 300 gallon invasive aptaisia aquarium!!!
UGF, and I'm sure it's going to be a huge success!

Lol ;) ;) ;) :p :p :cool:
Probably, if we tried to grow them successfully, we would fail. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back