1350 mi. drive for a clam !!!

Mtnbikedan01

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2013
Messages
318
Reaction score
21
Location
South Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right a friend and myself drove over 1350 miles to buy a squamosa clam. Sound crazy ? That's what everyone said until they saw it. We drove from Ft.lauderdale Fl. to Pure Reef in Alpharetta Ga. and back in 24hrs. If you live in the U.S. and enjoy any type of fish Pure Reef in Alpharetta Ga. is worth the drive !! They have the cleanest and nicest store I've ever been to. Super friendly staff amazing livestock and great prices. My new clam is over 12" !! Huge an healthy it's by far the best purchase I've ever made for my system. To keep it alive we had a power inverter running a heater and filter the whole time.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Thats what Im talking about!! You don't find too many big clams like that anymore.
 
Wow just wow!! That clam looks amazing!! :)
 
Wow impressive, glad it made it back in great shape. Good luck, we'll do anything we can to get what we can in this hobby.
 
Holy heck. 1350mi, Great clam. Most me and Gab have traveled is about 350Miles maybe 400 total miles in a day back and fourth. you SIR ARE THE MAN!
 
Holy heck. 1350mi, Great clam. Most me and Gab have traveled is about 350Miles maybe 400 total miles in a day back and fourth. you SIR ARE THE MAN!
I thank you sir ! I'm just glad it wasn't any further. Soon I will be looking for another monster clam, I hope I don't have to go too far. But then again I've never been to California.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new