OP
S

Snowythesnowflakeeel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a Snowflake Eel, are there any other saltwater eels that aren't as aggressive, or any saltwater fish like a freshwater common Pleco? (Get Big, Are Peacful, An Not Very Active?)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re absolutely fine around tangs, this guy is currently around 4 inches, possibly pushing 5. If I remember correctly they reach 8 inch, possibly 7 inches in captivity.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was looking into flame angles, would they be compatible with a Snowflake Eel. Also, are there any smaller, but not tiny, schooling fish. Also, any types of Wrasse or Cardinalfish that will work.
Nothing that is close to fitting in the eels mouth is compatible. Keeping coral with a predator will also be a challenge. Not being able to keep most CuC and eels being messy eaters will be a pain to manage parameters.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So know Eel with clownfish or Wrasse?
The clowns can probably handle themselves but the wrasses will be vulnerable when sleeping. Many small nice looking fish will be also. You will be quite limited if this is a reef and you want small ornamental fish. I get it though. I had a snowflake, green moray, and white ribbon. I love eels but know they won't work in my reef. No one said you can only have one tank;)

OP
OP
S

Snowythesnowflakeeel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clowns can probably handle themselves but the wrasses will be vulnerable when sleeping. Many small nice looking fish will be also. You will be quite limited if this is a reef and you want small ornamental fish. I get it though. I had a snowflake, green moray, and white ribbon. I love eels but know they won't work in my reef. No one said you can only have one tank;)
That's true None said that. (At Least Not Yet) So could you give me some other saltwater Eel options and their size. Are there any that would be less aggressive? So will 2 tangs, 2 angels, a Snowflake Eel, 2 clownfish and a valentine pufferfish be a good Stocking? Will the Valentine be ok? How big are they? Also, if their not ok with the Eel are there any puffers that aren't too aggressive that will?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's true None said that. (At Least Not Yet) So could you give me some other saltwater Eel options and their size. Are there any that would be less aggressive? So will 2 tangs, 2 angels, a Snowflake Eel, 2 clownfish and a valentine pufferfish be a good Stocking? Will the Valentine be ok? How big are they? Also, if their not ok with the Eel are there any puffers that aren't too aggressive that will?
That seems like a lot for a 5 foot tank, IMO.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no way anyone can give you a definite answer when mixing predators in the tank. Might be fine, might not.

Bkatz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So adding the fish in a certain order will help? Should I add the Tang first, Eel, or angelfish?
Least aggressive to most aggressive. Same species add at the same time (within reason). For example, I stocked in this order. Chromis, Midas Blenny, Melanerus Wrasse, Regal Angel, Tangs (4), and lastly the Dwarf Angels (the most territorial). A did roughly a week between fish, longer after the tangs so the bio load wouldn't crash the tank. Don't get me wrong there was some aggression but it was minimal. If you can when you get into the more expensive fish acclimate until the lights go out in the tank, add them in the dark, and overfeed the next morning. Tangs and angels need to see their food supply isn't impacted by the new fish and they usually leave others alone after a day or two.

I have 2 dwarf angels, plus a Regal (not the best idea...) and 4 tangs (also not the best idea) but it worked, stick to your plan, don't deviate because of a fish sale or impulse buy. MAKE SURE THE FISH ARE HEALTHY AND EATING, and good luck. Slow and Steady...

OP
OP
S

Snowythesnowflakeeel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Least aggressive to most aggressive. Same species add at the same time (within reason). For example, I stocked in this order. Chromis, Midas Blenny, Melanerus Wrasse, Regal Angel, Tangs (4), and lastly the Dwarf Angels (the most territorial). A did roughly a week between fish, longer after the tangs so the bio load wouldn't crash the tank. Don't get me wrong there was some aggression but it was minimal. If you can when you get into the more expensive fish acclimate until the lights go out in the tank, add them in the dark, and overfeed the next morning. Tangs and angels need to see their food supply isn't impacted by the new fish and they usually leave others alone after a day or two.

I have 2 dwarf angels, plus a Regal (not the best idea...) and 4 tangs (also not the best idea) but it worked, stick to your plan, don't deviate because of a fish sale or impulse buy. MAKE SURE THE FISH ARE HEALTHY AND EATING, and good luck. Slow and Steady...
So overfeed the next day, to keep aggression minimal?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back